Chapter Ten: Shit-eth Hitting the Fan-eth

Masky fell asleep by my side, easing me back to sleep whenever I woke up screaming from night terrors. They'd gotten so bad It was to the point where I couldn't even nap. These horrible flashes of intense nightmarish scenarios and monsters kept appearing. We began to make our way to the old mansion in the woods.

"Hold onto my jacket and don't let go." Masky ordered me. I nodded and followed him by the hem of his jacket. He wasn't strong enough to hold me throughout the walk, so I did my best to make it easy on him too. Soon enough, we made it to the house. Again, Slenderman stood at his usual height, which still freaked me out.

"Sir, this has gone on too far. [ ]'s far too gone. She needs help. I think it's time we roll out." Masky said. I timidly rose my hand and nodded. My sunken eyes, tired and bleary should have given away my plight easily.

Slenderman began questioning as to why I was being targeted by this monster. I frowned with such a saddened expression.

"I am so sure that beast killed my father. My dad was murdered before my very eyes as he was protecting us from that thing. This creature is now aiming after me, for what? I have no idea either." I responded darkly.

"Let me gather all of the others. We need to stop him before it turned for the worse." Masky explained to Slenderman. He nodded, and with that, the two males left me behind.

I just stood there, confused. Fear pierced at my gut as I walked down the steps to the front of the house. There, I sat down and started shaking. The wind was chilly, but I felt scared for the most part.

I rested my head against the cold concrete rail thing and closed my eyes. The wind blowing through the trees didn't make my anxieties any better and the images I'd seen before have long burned a hole in my head. As if they'd be there forever now. I so desperately wanted to sleep, but I couldn't bear to see those horrible, horrible pictures.

Within that timeframe, I just waited and waited.

"Hey, [ ]," Masky called out to me. I turned to face him as he sat down beside me.

"What?" I responded quietly as I rested my head against his shoulder.

"We tracked down Zalgo."

I looked up at him with a hopeful gleam in my eyes, but his expression looked rather pained. I let go of his arm in defeat. He must have realized my upset state because he lowered his head.

"The down side to this is we found him in another parallel world."

I frowned, but I had to ask, "Isn't there a way we can jump through time hoops to find him?"

"No. Not really." he whispered grimly.

I was deflated once again and was about to ask him to take me home when I remembered something rather big.

"Wait a minute... The black magic I used to work on. If we can find a witch-"

"No, that's too risky! Jumping through time itself is something absolutely insane, [ ] and being indebted to a witch would cause trouble later on." Masky tried to reason with me. I nodded my head slowly and sunk back down onto the slab of cold marble. Masky wrapped me up in his jacket and kissed the top of my head. I was so hopeful, but it seemed to fade in just mere seconds.

"I believe she's onto something though. Time warp travel is something beyond your mind's knowledge, but I can get on board with you, [ ]."

We both turned to see Slenderman towering over us. He explained he'd get this team working on this fast... it was only a matter of days we'd soon be traveling to another world to fight the monster who's been toying with me.

I packed up a small bible and some holy water. It was goodnight for this demon.

I was done with play dates.