Chapter 13 - Nemesis' Whereabouts

'Thank you, Tsubasa,' Kira thanked her colleague as she and the other Legendary Bladers left the WBBA hospital.

They all had been hit by a great explosion created by Nemesis as they left the temple. They were all unconscious when they got to the hospital but, fortunately, no one was gravely wounded.

'It was nothing. I was only doing my job,' the silver-haired male said.

'Any signs of Ryuga?' she asked, and he shook his head.

'We should go home,' Kyoya interrupted the conversation.

Kira nodded and the couple went to Kyoya's apartment. It was late and they both needed to rest a bit.

When they arrived at the luxurious apartment, they went straight to the sofa in the middle of the living room.

'Game of Thrones marathon?' Kira asked taking the remote and turning on the TV.

'Sure,' her lover replied.

'Season four?'

Kyoya nodded and then they began watching the series.

Kira had her head leaning on the male's shoulder. He loved to feel her body leaning on his. He felt that he could protect her, that he was her home.

Then, they heard the sound of a stomach growling. It was Kira's.

'You hungry, babe?'

'Maybe...'

'I'll check the freezer,' Kyoya spoke while getting up.

He headed to the kitchen counter behind them and then walked to the freezer. It was empty which meant they had to order something.

'What do you want to eat, babe? Sushi?' he asked looking at the girl on the sofa. She nodded. 'The usual?'

The female nodded again and Kyoya took his phone and ordered some sushi for them.

A while after that, the couple was already eating the food. There was strange silence between them. Normally Kira would break it by saying something sarcastic like "we sound like dead people", but she didn't do it. She just let the silence remain during the whole meal.

'What's wrong?' Kyoya asked.

Another moment of silence followed, but after a while Kira replied.

'I was just realizing this might have been the last time we ate sushi,' she confessed.

'Don't say that,' he spoke a little upset. 'We will defeat Nemesis.'

'What if we don't?' Kira said turning her body to face him. Her light eyes showed nothing but worry and fear. 'What if you die?'

'I'm not gonna die! No one will,' the male tried to comfort her and pushed her in his embrace. 'Everything will be fine, Kira.'

'I don't want to live in a world where you don't exist,' she spoke between sobs as she attempted to contain the tears.

'I won't die. No one will die,' he reminded her of his words. 'Just relax and put yourself together, everything will be fine.'

Feeling his embrace made Kira feel safe and relaxed. He made her feel at home.

**********

'Good morning, lion-boy,' Kyoya heard a calm voice and felt a soft finger poking his nose as he woke up.

He opened his blue eyes and saw his lover getting ready to sit at the edge of the bed to get up. He put his arm around her waist and pushed her back to him making her fall and end up being the small spoon.