Two

I held my breath. What do you even say?

"Can I meet him?" I whispered.

"Of course. That's your birthday present."

"He.. he's alive... he's not dead... why did he fake dead for all these years?" I said, wide-eyed.

"Because he stopped aging. The media would go wild if they found out. So.. he faked his death." I gasped.

Omg. Omg.

"Lets see... what's today, Friday?" He muttered.

"April 25th 2014. Friday."

"Alright.. do you want to come to my house tonight?"

Well... that's a bit strange. But I get to meet Kurt Fuckin' Cobain. So whatever.

"Yeah. I'll be there." I smiled. He scribbled on a sticky note and handed it to me. His address.

"Bye." I smiled, as did he. I made my way to seventh period.

Citrus came out of nowhere and started walking with me.

"You still mad Ellie?"

"No," I smiled. "I'm in too good of a mood."

"That's good. Wanna bail seventh and eighth? I'll take you to In-N-Out."

"Sounds good." I smiled. We ran past the front office to his car. Kuno was already in there.

I smiled. "Did y'all plan this?"

"Of course, sweet cheeks." Citrus smirked. I opened the door and sat in the front seat, my feet on the dashboard.

We were on the highway going 80 miles per hour. Kuno pulled open the sun roof and stuck his head through it.

"ITS ELEANOR OXFORDS FUCKIN BIRTHDAY!" He screamed. We blasted My Chemical Romance (they couldn't stand Nirvana)- it was great. I felt alive.

"I'm 18 now. I can do whatever the hell I want. " I smiled.

"Three cheers for Ellie, who can now buy herself some cigs!" Citrus laughed.

He pulled into the In-N-Out parking lot. There was almost no one there, besides the employees.

"Hi, I'll take a cheeseburger and large fries." I smiled.

"Same" Citrus answered.

"Same" Kuno laughed.

We went and sat down at a table. I dug into my fries.

"Yummmmyy." I smiled.

"So Citrus, what's my birthday present?" I laughed.

"Its in my car." He smirked.

We sat there for a few minutes in silence. Kuno pulled a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket.

"Need a smoke?" He said, offering me a cig. I took it. Kuno pulled out his lighter and lit it.

"Thanks," I smiled, inhaling.

When we finished our meal, we walked out towards his car. I sat in the passenger seat again.

"Oh damn, your present." Citrus laughed. He opened the trunk to reveal a thin rectangle wrapped in blue paper. "Open it."

I proceeded to do so- it was a giant frame with fifty or so pictures inside. pictures of Citrus and I from fourth grade, then us with Kuno, then just Kuno and I, then embarrassing pictures of me with double chins and cupcake icing all over my face. My 13th birthday.