14

FlashForward: summer

"Last day of schoolllll!!!!" I smiled, reaching my arms out to the side and spinning around.

"Ever!" Citrus smiled. I almost forgot- I will never have another day of school again!

"Graduation is tomorrow!" Kuno laughed. He ran over to Citrus and picked him up and spun him around.
He decided that he'll tell his parents after graduation.

I get to see Kurt this afternoon! I'm so excited! Except, a little bummed out, too. He can't, and won't, come to my graduation.

-
after school, the guys offerred me a ride home. I almost refused, but... this was the last time.

"So... Graduation. from high school!" I laughed. They nodded.

"Ellie, how have you managed to stay single all through high school?" Citrus said. I froze.

"Yeah, el. I feel like youre secretly dating mr.carlile or something." Kuno laughed.

Fuck!

"Oh, you guys. I'm just... single and failing to mingle." I laughed.

"I dont know... you're usually pretty flirty." Citrus said.

"GUYS! IM DATING KURT COBAIN!"

They froze, then laughed.

"You wish, El!" Kuno said. I nodded.

"Heh... yeah. I do wish."

SCORE!

Just then, Citrus pulled up at my house.

"See ya, Els."

I hopped out, waited til they left, then sprinted to my car and drove to Paul's.

I sprinted even faster to the door.

"PAAAAAAAAAAAAUL!"

He opened the door. Kurt had his head poking out from behind him like a little
boy.
"ELEANOR!"

Paul smiled and walked into the house as Kurt came out and lifted me up.

"i love you!" He said.

"I love you more!"

"Oh, barf." Paul said. Kurt put me down and gave him the death stare.

"Sorry for voicing my opinion on my own home." Paul said.

Kurt ignored him and took me up to his room.

"Eleanor..." He said, seriously, "This might be the last time I see you."