Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

"I'm in, where are you?"

"Right above you, keep running, there is a security camera five feet in front of you, roll when you see it"

"Okay, Blackthorne, I can hear footsteps above me, move fast, someone's on your trail."

Zach and I had broken into the old hospital and were now trying to get to the point where we had last seen the tracker on the subject's foot yesterday disappear. I suddenly heard steps behind me and started running faster. Ever since we had opened the door, there seemed to be people following us, yet we couldn't see anyone so Zach had taken the upper floor and I had taken the bottom one, hopping to see each other at the end of the maze of corridors.

"Stop right there Cameron Morgan!"

The person following me knew my name! I sprinted towards the spot on the screen of my tracker device and whispered into my com unit,

"Zach, the person following me knows me! I need backup! I'll try to lose him and meet you at the third floor in ten minutes."

My heart started panicking when Zach's voice didn't answer back. He couldn't have been caught! It was Zach for goodness sake!

"Zach, please answer me!"

"Cameron Morgan I told you to stop running!"

My mind started going through all the options now. I could either keep running or hope to run into Zach or turn around and face my follower. As I tried to decide, the voice spoke again, this time, followed by Zach's voice.

"Cammie, stop! Turn around and look. "

My feet seemed to have a life on their own as they skidded to a stop and my head turned around to face none other than Zach, running side by side with my old teacher, Mr. Solomon.

"I'm pleased to know you still have the ability to evade a followed for so long Ms. Morgan but I have to admit too that I was quite disappointed that you couldn't recognize my voice."

After explaining to Mr. Solomon what our objective was, and why I had ran away, he had given me a long speech about how worried my mother had been. I winced remembering how sudden my escape had been. She deserved to know more. My friends were also worried; tough they understood why I couldn't say more of my mission. The circle was dangerous.

"However, it is dangerous for the three of us to stay in one spot so let's get moving to the place the objective disappeared."

The three of us kept evading the cameras and followers until we were a few feet away from the objective. Upon our arrival, I saw something that made my blood run cold. Zach wrapped his arm around me, and Mr. Solomon gasped.

If you want to see your father again, you will come to us to the place the world caught fire one day and do as we wish. You have 15 days Ms. Morgan. If you don't, another member of your family might have to disappear.

The signature on the note had only one symbol. The Circle of Cavan.