Chapter 12

Disclaimer: I do not own the Gallagher Girl series

Chapter 12

Zach was running in front of me. What was wrong with him? Had I said something to make him mad?

“Zach, wait!”

He had been trained well. Zach was running so fast, if I hadn't known he was in front of me, I would have missed him in the amount of shrubery. I started running faster, trying to catch up, but it was futile. 

Zach stopped suddenly and stood so still it scared me. My legs were starting to get tired and were glad for the rest, tough something about they way he stood made me nervous. 

“Zach? Whats wrong?”

Zach tried to turn around and hide something, but my training took over and I evaded him, turning him to the side in the process and getting a clear view of what was behind him. My blood turned cold. On the wall, there was another note with the symbol of the Circle of Cavan.

                Well Miss Morgan, you could not have thought it would be so easy as to solve one riddle, did you? Congratulations on getting this far. Now you need to find the secret inside. Someone you love is at risk if you fail, be sure to chose wisely, there’s no other way. Follow the clues, you still have 10 days.

“Gallagher Girl?”

                I sighed. This could not be happening.

                “This is not over yet, is it? I thought, just for a second, that we had made it. Who do they mean? Zach, do you think they could have my father?” 

My voice sounded a bit too hopeful, even for myself.

                Zach turned around so I couldn’t see his face and said,

                “I can’t guess but it might be possible. Just remember, we have to be careful. I don’t want you getting hurt.”

                I wanted to cry really badly then. It was so unfair. I mentally slapped myself. What was wrong with me? I had been trained to face this kind of situations. What would happen if my friends saw me like this? I should be ashamed. I took a deep breath to calm myself and said,

                “Let’s get moving. We don’t know where to start yet and the note says we have 10 days left.”

                Zach nodded and started walking in front of me, taking in his surroundings. Then he turned around with a concerned look on his face.

                “Gallagher Girl?”

                “Yes?”

                “Don’t you think there’s something wrong with that note?”

                I read it again. There was something eerie about it, but I couldn’t figure out what yet. I was too concerned thinking about what it implied.

                “What do you think is wrong with it?”

                “It says we still have 10 days. But Cam, how do they know how much time we have left? Do you know what that means?”

                I could feel the blood drain from my face and I felt myself paralyze in the spot.

                “Yes…It means somebody’s watching us.”

                We set up a small camp outside Blackthorne to search the place in the morning. I was exhausted from probing all day, yet we had found nothing. I was sure there was something I was missing, but things were just too complicated and happening too fast for me to process. The worst news came that night, while we watched a small TV Mr. Solomon had brought with him to stay tuned to the rest of the events, not that we needed it, there are information bases we could use.

                The man in the news was blabbing on about a girl missing. It didn’t catch my attention at first, until I heard a phrase that made me feel faint.

                “It has been reported today that Ms. Macey McHenry has gone missing while on vacation on New York with her family. Anyone who presents information leading to her whereabouts will gain a reward. Please contact us as soon as possible, thank you.”

                Someone you love is at risk.

                “Cammie, are you okay?”

                Zach’s voice was the last thing I heard before everything went black.

Hello everyone! I know that’s short but I think it’s an important part to the plot :D Anyway, I was so happy to see this story on Whats Hot!! :D Please help me stay there my dear watties! Comment and vote to help promote this story. I luv u all and will update ASAP. Also, try to guess what will happen next ;D see yaa