Chapter 10

Okay so I was checking fan fiction, you know in the homepage and im like, sort by hotness, AND IM ON PAGE 11 !!!! I LOVEE U GUYS :D Im so happy I cant express it so heres the next chapter ( planned to upload it until friday) as a gift :D. Youre officialy caught up with fanfiction.net on my story

Chapter 10

11 days from deadline

Making your hair look acceptable instead of as if a bid had nested on it during the night is very hard to do in 5 minutes and 25 seconds, especially if you forgot your hairbrush. I tried to smooth it down and stretched before coming out of my tent. Sally and Mr. Solomon where sitting in front of each other and there was a bag of food next to them. It seemed Mr. Solomon didn't believe in camping old style since I could distinguish the logo of a known fast food industry on the bag.

"Good morning ms Morgan."

"Good morning Mr. Solomon, Sally."

I looked around but Zach was nowhere to be found. Sally saw me searching and said,

"He went for a run."

"oh." I didn't like the fact that I sounded disappointed with this. "Well then, he'll miss breakfast."

Sally smiled at me and threw me a bag. If it weren't for my training, I would have dropped it since she succeeded in catching me off guard.

"Actually, could you please take that to him? I don't want him to have an empty stomach. I'm his godmother after all."

I nodded and started running. It would be easy to find Zach. His footprints were all over the ground. I inferred he didn't care about this since we were safe here after all.

The wind felt heavenly as it hit my face and I started running faster. I really missed my friends back at school. It felt so different to be out here, in the open. The walls at Gallagher School might have been a bit restrictive, but they gave a sense of protectiveness and home too and I missed that.

I found Zach sitting on top of a big stone, overlooking a cliff I didn't know was there before. The view was beautiful. The river flowing below seemed undisturbed by time. Zach didn't flinch as I approached him and I wondered about this. Shouldn't he be more cautious in case I was someone else?

"Gallagher Girl, did you bring me food?"

"How did you know it was me? And yes, here is your breakfast, good morning to you too"

I sat down next to him and as I looked at him sideways, I could see him smile. The smile didn't seem to reach his eyes tough. I wondered what was wrong, Zach wasn't normally like this. It seemed like he had dropped his usual sarcastic attitude and I sort of missed it, as much as I hated to admit it.

"Is anything wrong?"

"Would it be of any use at all to lie?"

I smiled.

"No it wouldn't. I am trained to detect lies" This itself was a lie. Learning how to detect lies merely by listening was something I wouldn't learn until this year at school and I wasn't there now.

"I was just remembering"

I gave him his food and he opened it. He offered me half and we started eating.

"Remembering what?"

"Several things Gallagher Girl. How much is at risk on this mission, how lovely you looked when we held a dance at the Academy. How close I was to death soon after that…."

I blushed at this and turned to look at him.

"How did you get out?"

"I have no idea. Everything was fine at first tough I really thought it was over for me. Want to know a little secret?"

Zach smiled and I nodded.

"I think I survived because I was thinking….."

"Yeah?"

"I was thinking about you…"

My face burst in flames at that. Zach had basically admitted to liking me as more than a friend; liking me so much as to choose me as his possible last thought.

"Zach , I.."

"You don't have to say anything, Gallagher Girl. You know, when the world burst into flames around me and I found out I had survived, I promised myself I would live my life as I wanted to from there on."

Something about what he had said caught my attention.

"Zach! Can you please repeat what you just said?"

Zach smirked.

"Oh, come on Gallagher Girl, don't make my life harder, I already said it once."

"No, not that!"

A hurt look passed Zach's face and I felt a pang of guilt but I needed to hear that phrase again.

"I didn't mean that, just please repeat what you said."

He gave me a strange look but obeyed me.

"I said, that when the world burst into flames… That's it!"

"The place where the earth once caught fire! Zach it meant Blackthorne! We have to go back! Come, lets tell the others."

Wow, so I think this is the longest one I have written :D . so were going back to Blackthorne ! :D What do you guys think? Was that predictable? And why am I doing this so far away from the deadline? Thou shall see the story is not over yet! By any means! Please tell me what you all think! And there will definitely be more Cam-Zach! Hint hint, there MIGHT be a Zach POV soon ;D. Also, could you guys please read my other story "Dear Romeo, Could You Please Leave me Alone?" I know you guys will like it ;D