friends pt.2 ✿ ander muñoz

(inspo:: @xxirwin)

ALL night you've been trying to wrap your brain around what just happened. Ander kissed you and you kissed him back. You made him moan and he made you feel like mush inside when he did. But then you realized everything you guys been through as friends and how this one kiss- that could have turned into more- would now change things. You didn't want things to change, but a part of you also wanted to know where that kiss would have led to if you didn't pull away.

Due to these thoughts and constant calls from Ander, you couldn't sleep. All you could think about mainly was how his lips were soft and his breath smelled of the tropical gum he chewed on for the majority of the night. God it was great, you thought, but quickly groaned at yourself before you rolled over and let you face rest in your pillow, why did I really stop him?

A louder groan escaped, but it was muffled by your pillow. You wanted to scream at yourself at the top of your lungs, yelling what an idiot you were. Though, you also wanted to yell at him at how much of an idiot he was. Since when did he feel like this? Do I feel the same?

Your insistent thoughts weren't going anywhere. You huffed out, pushing yourself up before you got out of bed to leave your room and go to the kitchen. There wasn't much in your fridge, but you weren't hungry because you were just dying to find something to distract you. You wanted to get on your phone, but Ander's face would pop up, calling you to check up on you. You didn't know what you would say to him if you were to answer or to see him. You know you couldn't pretend everything was normal because it wasn't and none of it was making sense. Why did he have to kiss me? Why did I have to kiss back?

"I'm fucked," You grumbled to yourself, still staring at your fridge as if something would magically appear in front of you. You could hear your phone ringing upstairs, but you knew it was Ander and chose not to go answer it again until you heard your doorbell ring. You furrowed your brows, but shuffled your feet towards the door and opened it only to see Ander standing in front of you with his phone at his ear. You watched him pull his phone away and end the call to your phone as you stood awkwardly before him.

"Can we talk?" He asked you, but it took moments before you opened the door fully and stepped out of the way to let him inside. He brushed past you and went into the living room, having you trailed behind after closing the door. You noticed him stop in the middle of the living room, which caused you to stop too, choosing to leaving reasonable space between you two.

He met your eyes and you both stood silently, neither of you able to be the first to speak. Neither of you knew how to start this off even though it seemed simply at thought. After a while, you glanced down at your bare feet and lightly crossed your arms as you grew cold, "So, what do you want to talk about?"

"What happened at the club," He responded, "What was that back there?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that question?" You retorted, looking at him again, "You kissed me first."

"And you kissed back," He tried to debate, but when you give him a look, he scratched his head, "Okay, well... I wasn't thinking when I kissed you. It just- it just happened."

"I know," You mumbled, glancing away briefly, "I wasn't expecting it, but-"

"But?" He interrupted, his eyes held with hope. He wanted to know how you felt about it because he was dying inside. He always wanted to kiss you, and when he got the chance to, he never considered the fact that you would pull away and avoid him. It was the last thing he ever expected.

"But," You breathed out, "But now, I don't know what I feel."

He lowered his head, fighting with his own thoughts until he blurted out, "Y/N, I like you." Your eyes quickly met his, watching as he huffed, "I've always liked you, okay? More than a best friend should- god, since we first met I actually fell in love with you, but I couldn't build up the courage after all these years to tell you because it never seemed that you felt the same."

"Ander-"

"All the girls I've talked about and hooked up with literally meant nothing to me because you were always on my mind," He confessed throughout his rant, not even noticing that you called his name, "I've only ever thought about you because it was you- it was always you."

You stood in slight shock, taken aback by his confession as all your memories with him flooded through your mind. All the times that you perceived him to being your best friend, when in fact he was also in love with you. You began to think of everything he did for you- the time when he'd come over because you were crying over a stupid guy; when he beat up a kid at Guzman's party because he grabbed your ass; when he would stay on the phone with you all night until you fell asleep; when he punched the guy at the club over a shirt.

"Y/N," He softly called you, and you instantly came back to your senses, "Please, say something."

"I-" You paused, unsure of what to say still after all this time. You lowered your head, and closed your eyes as you exhaled deeply, "Ander, I- I don't know what to say." When you looked up, you could see the disappointment in his face, "It's just this is all happening so fast, okay? I don't know how to process this."

"You never felt the same way about me?" He asked, "What about at the club? You kissed me back."

"I know, I know," You mumbled out, running your hands down your face, but your eyes were still locked on his. You then thought to yourself of all the times that you saw him more than a best friend. How you would look at him and find him attractive whenever he talked to you, smiled at you- even sat pouting before you now. Deep down you felt the same for him, but over time you let it fade as he would talk about other girls, clearly showing disinterest in you. You thought he didn't see you that way, but you were wrong. He did see you the same way you saw him. Your love for him was great, but you never let yourself feel it because you didn't want to love someone who didn't love you. You forced yourself to only love him as a friend- your best friend.

"I think I'm going to go," He mumbled and began to walk past you, but you grabbed his wrist before you could even process what you were doing. You just didn't want him to go. He stopped and looked down at you, his brows furrowed with confusion.

"Don't," You whispered, turning to him, so you were less than a foot from each other. You bit the inside of your cheek gently, your hand now lowering down his arm, so it could rest in his hand, "Don't go."

Again, silence engulf the room, but it was comforting as you both just stared at each other. A small smile began to form on his face when he raised his free hand to your cheek, lightly caressing it with his thumb as his eyes never left yours. Slowly, he stepped closer to you and leaned in close enough just for his lips to lightly ghost over yours.

You could hear him breath deeply, his breath still smelling like his tropical gum as he silently whispered, "I'm not going anywhere.."

At his words, you closed the remaining space in between you two, gently kissing him, which he happily responded to. He then placed his other hand on the other side of your face, but soon both hands were behind your neck and his fingers were slightly tangled in your hair. Your hands were at his sides, grabbing a hold of his shirt as if he would fall if you let go.  This kiss felt better than the last and you both could feel it. Neither of you wanted this to end and it felt like it wouldn't, which you especially enjoyed.

He was no longer just your friend.