pretend ✿ polo villada

YOU suddenly looked up from your textbook, your eyes furrowed at Polo, "You want me to be what for you?"

"My girlfriend," He answered, shrugging a little, "Or should I say pretend girlfriend."

You let out a dry laugh, "Please tell me your joking, Polo."

"I'm serious," He grumbled before sitting down across from you, "Look, it's only for this week-"

"'Week'?" You exclaimed, but glanced around you, almost forgetting that you were in the library.

"Yes, a week," He confirmed, but you rolled your eyes, "Come on, y/n, it's only until Lu's New Years party."

"Why do you even need me?"

"Because it's only for people with couples and I don't want to be the only friend in the group not to go," He explained, "Even Carla is going with Christian."

"So you want me to be in a fake relationship with you for a stupid party?" You asked and he nodded, finding his terms to be logical. You, on the hand, were completely against the idea for a number of reasons. One, you were no longer friends with Polo and everyone else ever since they felt that they were better than you especially when it came to money. "No, I'm not doing it."

"Please, y/n, I'm begging you," He pleaded, leaning in a bit, "I'll do whatever you want- I'll even pay you."

You raised a brow at him, "Do I look like some charity case to you, Polo?"

"Never, but I'll give it to you because I want to," He clarified, "And because I really need to make Carla jealous."

Amusement found its way to your face, "No is going to believe we're a couple."

"That's what this week is meant for," He then boldly reached forward and grabbed your hand, intertwining his fingers with yours easily, "We're just going to put on this little show until the party. I'll even give you the honors of pretend dumping me in front of everyone." He then glanced around the library, hearing whispers and seeing eyes look at you both, "Deal?"

"Just for the week?" You asked, watching him nod, "Okay I'm down, but first, we have to come up with rules."

"Which would be?"

"Only minimal PDA, hand holding, no kissing-"

"We have to kiss at least once," He argued and you furrowed your brows, "No one is definitely going to believe us if we don't kiss in front of them on New Years." You rolled your eyes before motioning your hands, so he could go on, "Now onto some rules of my own; we have to seem like we're in love, so on your phone, you will have me as your lock screen and I'll do the same to mine with you. Secondly, I will drive you to school and from school, okay?"

"Woah, what? Why?"

"I know that you've never been in a normal relationship, y/n, but this is what is inquired," He retorted and you glare his way, "Eat together during lunch, sit next to each other during class, and all that extra stuff- oh and I have to post you on my story."

"You're really doing a lot to prove to a girl that you've moved on," You scoffed as he pulled out his phone and hovered it over your hands, that you remembered were still intertwined. He then typed away on his phone before your phone buzzed and you glanced down at it to see that he mentioned you on his story. You shot your head up at him, "You just couldn't wait?"

He smirked as he let go of your hands and stood up, "Don't worry, this will be fun." He then leaned over and kissed your cheek before walking out of the library, his hands holding the straps of his bookbag as he left you stunned in your seat.

Though as a few days went on, you knew that was only the beginning. Polo began to do what he said he would and pick you up for school and drop you off at your house after. He definitely gained the attention of Carla as he wanted when you both sat next to each other during lunch, finding stupid things to laugh and whisper to each other about.

And because you gained her attention, Carla was quick to speak to you with Lu at her side as you tried to get some chips from the vending machine, "So, you and Polo, huh? Didn't see that coming."

"Neither did I," You responded and she let out a short laugh.

"Are you guys coming to my New Years party?" Lu asked, but Carla glanced over at her.

"Isn't it only for couples?" Carla questioned, but raised a brow at you, "Unless, you guys are a couple?"

"We are," You proudly lie, "I made Polo promise to keep our relationship a secret, but he's proven to me that us being public with our relationship has its quirks."

Carla and Lu then force a smile, "Well, we'll hope to see you there." You nodded at Lu's words, "Remember, it's a white theme, okay?"

You hummed in response before they walk away to their table, but continued to glance at you as you went back to sit next to Polo, "What did they want?" He asked you as you opened your chips.

"Invite us to the party," You simply told him, disregarding their other words, but you could feel them still staring at your backs were turned towards them. You sighed out heavily, "They keep looking."

"I guess we'll just have to make them look away," He smirked, but you looked at him confused, "Kiss me," He simply stated, glancing over his shoulder at his ex girlfriend, Carla, who was now cuddled up next to Christian. "Just a simple kiss.

"I can't kiss you first because she'll think I'm just doing it to make her jealous after our conversation," You told him, but watched him lean closer to you and place his arm on the back of your chair, "But you are the one doing it to make her jealous," You remarked, "This entire scheme is for you to show she's jealous, so you have to kiss-"

Polo was quick to place his lips on yours, lifting your chin with his cupped hand as you kissed him back. Your eyes slipped closed moments before he pulled away and leaned down to your ear, "For my pretend girlfriend, you are a really good kisser."

(a/n:: why do I really
want to make this into
an actual story ? LMFAOO

like this plot idea has been in
my head for a minute (but with
Ander), and now that I'm seeing
it written out, I kind of like ittt

part 2?