birthday toast pt.2 ✿ ander muñoz

YOU let out a loud huff as you listened to your boyfriend as he argued with you, "I just don't understand why he had to give the speech. There is about a hundred other people at the party."

"He's my best friend, Luis-"

"You have more best friends, y/n. He isn't special enough to give you some speech at on your birthday," He went on and you refrained from rolling your eyes. You knew this was going to happen the moment he took you upstairs to a bathroom in Carla's house as the party continued, "He only did it to get at me."

"He did it because it's my damn birthday, Luis. Stop thinking everything is about you," You glared at him, crossing your arms over your chest as you leaned against the sink, "You always do this. You always make shit a bigger deal than what it is. He gave a speech, so fucking what?"

"Because he's fucking in love you!" He exclaimed, but you stood still, taken aback by his words, "He's always been in love with you, y/n! Everyone sees that except you!"

You did know or at least you had your suspicions especially when he looked at you completely different from everyone else in your friend group. He did anything for you, even tie your shoe laces when you had too many books in your hands before even taking your books for you. He felt a way about you that seemed stronger than your own boyfriend's feelings.

You let out a sigh, "I'm done arguing, Luis." You turned to leave the bathroom, but saw his hand leaning against the door to stop you.

"No, we have to talk about this," He told you and you scoffed.

"This isn't talking, Luis! We never just talk anymore, it's always how your feelings get hurt by stupid shit!" You exclaimed before forcing the door open regardless of his hand still on it.

"Y/N," He called after you, following down the hall and down the steps, "Y/N, stop!" You didn't stop like he asked, so he suddenly grabbed your wrist and tugged you hard so you'd look at him, "Did you not hear me fucking calling you?"

You briefly looked at his cold stare before glancing around to the people at the party who were all looking your way, "Luis, let me go."

"Why? Because I'm embarrassing you?" He asked, his hold tight as he voiced his questions loudly.

"Luis, I'm serious. Let go of me," You tried to keep your tone calm, especially when he smirked and brought you closer to him.

With his free hand, he held your chin and placed a chaste kiss that you didn't return. You smelled a variety of alcohol that resided on his breath, having you quickly grow nauseous by it. You pull yourself away when you felt your wrist being freed before slapping him hard across the face and storming off, ignoring everyone's gaze on you as you tried to find a isolated space.

"Douchebag," Guzman grunted, taking a large sip of his drink as Ander stood next to him, glaring at Luis as you left the room. He wanted to go over and punch the shit out of Luis, but Guzman held him back, certain that Ander would lose control if he did and that you could hold your own if the situation got even more out of hand.

"Can I kick his ass now?" Ander asked and Guzman only shook his head as he drank more.

"No," He huffed out, "What you can do is go check on her." Ander's glare suddenly faded at the thought of you. You looked like you were close to crying, but he was so focused on wanting to have your boyfriend leave the party limping to his car. "Well, what are you waiting for?"

"You think she'd even want to see me after that?" He asked but Guzman gave him a look, which made Ander sighed, "Okay, I'll go. Can an eye on that dickhead, okay?"