5.

☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

"S-Sophie?" She stammered, mentally scolding herself for making it sound like a question. Honestly, no one could blame her. Felix had a knack for making abrupt conversation starters.

"Sweet" he said, his smile broadening.

Took them a whole minute to realize they had been in the same position for quite a while.

Stumbling, she jumped up to her feet, glancing around to see if anyone spotted them in that awkward position. 

Still deserted.

Sighing, she dusted her clothes before burning holes at the back of Felix's head. He had already gotten up,  and was casually leaning against the metal railings, facing the sea.

She contemplated whether to thank him or push him over the railings, but he beat her to it.

"I moved here recently, you can get that from my Aussie accent." he said slowly, as the wind caressed his soft locks.

Aussie accent. Now that he informed her, she paid attention to the accent and realized its difference from the locals. Being Australian herself, it was indeed hard to see it.

"Honestly, Cierra's a big mess to me. I miss home but I have no choice"

His once genuine smile morphs into a bitter sweet smile, his look distant. The past he had was locked up in a cage, akin to Sophie's, each battling to be released, to strip their hearts to vulnerability.

She decided not to press on the matter, humming in response. She walked next to him, settling her hands on the railings.

"I wish I could be the waves sometimes, so free," she spoke her mind randomly, her eyes depicting longingness.

He chuckles in amusement, running a hand through his hair and turning to face her confused face.

"What?" She asked.

"Don't. The waves may be free, but they always halt at the shore no matter how hard they try" 

☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

'You can't stop the waves, 

but you can learn to surf.'

-(HAH I FOUND THIS ON THE INTERNET) Jon Kabat-Zan