1.

(Chapters are quite short, and Felix gets introduced in 3rd chapter only. Sowwie!) 

☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

It felt miraculous that so many despicable emotions were able to disappear that easy, to let another emotion envelop her, to cradle her in the assurance that everything was okay. Sort of. 

Sophie felt relieved.

It wasn't solely just the emotion on display, the way her shoulders slouched, her breathing calmer than it had been.

The necessity to smile had already been lost at a situation like this, though.

Relief coursed through her veins, relaxing every fiber of her body. Her lungs weren't clogged up with anxiety, emptiness, and a small side serve of 'death wish'. They were free, all the emotions escaping through her nose in one breath as Granny's mouth had stopped moving.

Stopped moving. The words somehow sounded urgent to her, an implication of an inevitable outcome. Panic started flooding her system.

No wait, she was supposed to be relieved.

Pushing the thoughts aside, she gathered as much strength as possible to stand up and walk towards her Granny. Her legs felt like they were going to give in, wobbling with each step she took.

She gritted her teeth at the thought.

Think Relief. Relief. Relief. Come on.

She wrapped her arms around Granny, pulling her close to her body. The apple-flavored scent slightly tingled her nose. This added to the relief, almost triggering a smile.

No one could take the silence any longer. Granny broke into hysterical sobs, her tears soaking up the shoulder of Sophie's shirt.

Sophie patted Granny's back slowly, in an attempt to soothe her.

"He's okay, Granny. Dad's okay," she whispered.

She was going to wake the neighbors. They'll blame it on me , She thought.

They'd find a reason to yap about things, even bearing the knowledge of what the family had been through. 

Was she still relieved in the end? No. 

☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

'They say life is full of paradox

All you gotta do is gettin' used to this marathon'

- Winter Flower