2.

☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

The white morning fog resembled the thoughts in Sophie's mind, scattering across randomly without a sense of clarity. It was as if she had sacrificed all terms of warmth and comfort, only to find nothing.

She took a deep breath.

The only thing she'd want to do was to drop by the hospital, which Granny had solemnly shaken her head to. Granny had become paranoid about almost everything. Stepping foot outside the house triggered a whole dang essay of complaints already.

The reason why she exited through the window of her room instead.

She would have been able to enter the hospital discreetly but being spotted by regulars or nurses was a big risk. Especially when Granny was on the top of their contacts. For her popularity across the town of Cierra.

How ironic. She thought. No one even spared a glimpse at me.

It was way better that way though.

She walked through the bustling life of the town, the makeshift shops smack in the middle of the streets. No sense of order was present, everyone making their daily dose of zig zags for the cheapest buy.

Cars maneuvered on the sandy ground through the throngs randomly. Everyone relied on the honks for safety, some cars not even bothering too.

It was a complete mess.

The night was completely different.

The eeriness of the night sent chills down your spine on a whole new level. The darkness seeped through your body, making you one with the surroundings. The aura that surrounded you would cause you to shiver, on the verge of tears.

The fifth graders believed that one, she mused, gullible freaks.

The night was just you and the moon.

You could have a consultation with it, free from booking appointments. Constructive feedback was just something you had to depend on yourself for.

Shout at it, curse at it, it ain't gonna do anything. The way she, no, most people liked it. 

And so Sophie resorted to waiting for the moon to arrive.

'Hah!' Time said. 'It's going to take quite a bit.'

Time was a bigger demon than the neighbors. Deadly and atrocious. Painful. Sophie's source of dread.

She headed off to the bridge instead.

☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

In the moon hours, look at the night sky through the eyes of your soul
Gonna show it to you, your window, your time
You know, there's a lot of thorns on that streetlight too
Look closely at that blinking light for once

-Moonchild