Havoc

When Jules and the other search team walked back home, they didn’t speak a word. The two farmers still soaked in terror and sadness as they just saw their son’s head detached to the body.

Rake leaned right beside Jules, speaking with the lowest volume his voice could produce.

“Who the hell did this?”

“I have no idea.”

“Do you think the blur you saw yesterday was indeed a Japanese stalker?”

“Rake, I said, I have no idea.”

“Japanese are sadists, but this is on another level.”

They arrived back home when the sun was high in the sky. The whole area was as quiet as a cemetery, meaning that something must be wrong.

And yes. At the middle of the two houses, which lied a small patio for chilling, stood some Japanese men. Jules was about to remind the others, but the sudden hit on the back of his head jolted his body downward, dizzying him off. Suddenly, the search team was already hauled to the patio.

Jules kneeled beside Cortland and Rake, their hands tied with tie cables. The man who seemed to be in charge was a big, fat, Japanese corporal who produced a small smile of pride. He looked vicious and evil.

“Now the party is complete. Everyone is here. Now, I can introduce myself.”

No one seemed to bother but to give him an angry look.

“My name is Corporal Akira Yamako, and I am currently in charge of every enemy movement in Semarang.”

Behind Yamako were the two girls, Putri and Wahyu. Their faces were red, their eyes turned jelly, they must’ve cried so hard when that bastard kidnapped them. Their parents were also screaming all the time when they saw the two children being hauled behind the Japanese soldiers.

Suddenly, Jules’ heart beat faster than the speed of light. His pulse tensed and his mucles clenched. The sudden adrenaline of anger and madness rose within him, growing little by little like a cancer. Seeing that boy’s head like that sickened everyone, but Jules felt a completely different thing. He was very angry. Men like him were responsible for the death of his family. But this time, Yamako was three times more sadistic than every single Japanese man.

That boy, innocent, confused, scared, was kidnapped by this horrible bastard and must’ve been tortured alive just for fun. The thought of that grumbled Jules’ mind. His eyes shot Yamako’s face, and deep down he swore to kill that man for every horrible thing he did.

Jules opened his mouth. “You killed that boy in the woods.”

Yamako turned his gaze to Jules who was burning up with rage. His whole body shivered with anger and hatred, filth and disgust.

“Yes I did. You found it? Thank God. That kid wiggled a lot when we got him.”

“You fucking bastard!” Rake’s hiss was loud. Too loud.

“Don’t be so angry, American. He’s just a useless local boy that got nothing to lose.”

Yamako kept smiling and that made Jules ever madder. The man was a maniac, a brutal motherfucker who deserved to die a slow death.

But the sudden gunshot broke the tension away. Yamako yelped and checked his body for wound, but found none. The soldier next to him fell to the ground with a hole in his chest. Blood rushed out three seconds after.

Dozens of farmers charged from the corn fields with shotguns and axes, running as fast as they could and chopped those soldiers’ heads one by one.