16.

<>~<>~<>~<>

𝙚𝙧·𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙩

𝙚𝙧·𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙩

 𝙖𝙙𝙟𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚 

𝙚𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙧 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙥𝙚𝙧 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚 𝙤𝙧 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙨.

<>~<>~<>~<>

Shoto didn't know why he felt so angry at the fact that Adaliah missed his final battle, he just was.  He was angry she was hurt, angry she was unconscious in med-bay during his battle, just angry. 

Yes, he was upset at his loss, but he wasn't angry at it. He didn't use his fire, so he had no reason to be angry. But the omega above and beyond her quirk and still came up on the losing end. 

He was angry at that, he supposed. 

He could do nothing but stand on the podium though for the minute being. Bakugo was still unconscious beside him, muzzled and chained to first place. He threw a fit at being first and had to be dealt with accordingly, even if Shoto didn't agree with their methods.  Midnight and Cementoss thought is was for the best, obviously. 

He wondered what Adaliah would think of the predicament he was in. The two obviously had a friendship that ran who knows how deep. Shoto didn't like thinking about the alpha being close to her in a way he could've been. 

No matter. Sending the third place podium an off-handed glance, Shoto counted down the seconds until the omega would appear. Iida was gone, for family matters and someone had to take third. 

Shoto also didn't agree with waking a patient from much needed rest just for her to accept a  medal, but U.A. was unconventional from the get-go.

Slumped steps had Shoto watching Adaliah shakily try to stumble onto her podium. She didn't seem to be in any condition to accept the award, but the concepts of choices at U.A. was slowly slipping away from the alpha. 

Little did he know how right he was. 

Adaliah felt like absolute shit. Her stomach hurt, she was tired and drained (From recovery girl's quirk and her own drawback), and at this point, she was scared of her own shadow. She couldn't see very well,  blurry doubles of everything in her field of view. Slowly her eyes were focusing, but still. Kai had to walk her there, keeping an eye out for her mother and Tsunagi. 

 Looking around, she suddenly felt all of her senses hit her at once. Her eyesight focused, hearing cleared and she could feel. Feel white-hot, bubbling rage boiling in her gut. 

"Katsuki!" 

Shoto watched as the omega skillfully scaled the side of the first place podium, holding the blond's head in between her soft hands. He apparently woke up between now and when Shoto last looked over at him. His eyes were wide from either fear or rage- most likely the former-- as he tried to yank his hands free from his chain.  Adaliah's eyes widened as well, hearing footsteps from behind them. They were set to go on stage soon and Adaliah's quirk couldn't help her without mass damage to not only the environment around them but the three there.