Chapter 5 - The Meet Up

-DREAM'S POV-

I still couldn't believe that I was going to meet y/n. I had always thought about it, but never did I think it would become a reality. I packed my bags as soon as I booked my flight. And now, the morning had come. I had to be at the airport in a half hour, and my uber was already on their way. I wasn't far from the airport, so I wasn't worried about being late. The only thing I was worried about was meeting y/n. Normally I would be confident and bold when meeting one of my friends, that was just my personality. But somehow, y/n melted my heart, making me more soft and sweet around her. 'I wonder how tall she will be.'  Being 6'2 I towered over most people, also making me stand out in a crowd. 'What if she doesn't like me? What if I get awkward? How will she react if I hug her?'  My thoughts were interrupted by a text from my uber driver telling me they were waiting outside. I told them I was on my way out. I locked up my house, and set my bags in the back seat. I buckled up, and started the ride to the airport.

-Y/N POV-

My alarm woke me up as usual, but today, instead of remaining in a lump in my bed for the next hour, I shot up- super excited to pick up my best friend (and crush) from the airport. I needed to be there in about an hour, so that gave me a while to get ready. However I never took long to get ready, 30 minutes at most. But either way, I still needed to look like I didn't just roll out of bed. I walked over to my closet, and thought of a few possible outfits. 'I could go super fancy, with a dress and heels. No, I don't want to be extra, I'm just picking him up from the airport.'  As I looked around the closet, I spotted my favorite shirt. The tan, over-sized graphic tee was always my go-to shirt, no matter the occasion. Today, I just put it over some leggings, with my custom AF1's. They had little brown teddy bears painted on the side. While they looked really expensive, they were just my old pair I had painted on. With the outfit I picked, I decided to go with some very natural makeup. Just some concealer, highlight, and mascara. Nothing crazy. I looked at the clock, seeing I had to leave in 15 minutes. "Meh, might as well be early. I could get some coffee on the way there too." I told myself out loud, closing my apartment door behind me. I hopped into my car, and drove off to the nearest coffee shop. I eventually got my coffee and continued my drive to the airport. As I was driving, I could hear a plane fly over me almost every other minute. I guess this was a pretty busy airport. I thought about how Dream might be on one of the landing planes. Suddenly, the anxiety of meeting him for the first time kicked in. I had accepted the fact I had developed a crush on him over the past few weeks. But I haven't accepted the fact I am incredibly awkward around people I like. 'What am I going to do when I see him. Wait I don't even know what he looks like. Okay well then what am I going to do when he sees me? Should I hug him? Or would that make him uncomfortable? Gosh y/n why are you so awkward?'  I tried to clear my mind, saying as I was about to pull into parking. After a few minutes of looking, I found a parking spot, surprisingly close to the entry of the airport. I gave myself a mini pep talk, before a heavy sigh as I opened my car door. I made my way across the road, and through the doors of the huge building. I knew what place to meet him. We had discussed it before his flight. Baggage claim, for flight G2. He said he would find me from there. I got anxious as I passed baggage claim G1, knowing I was about to see him for the first time, ever..

-DREAM'S POV-

I stepped off the plane, making my anxiety intensify. I told myself I would be fine, and it seemed to work a little bit, because my hands stopped sweating. It was kinda cold for a fall day in North Carolina, but my green hoodie was keeping me warm. I entered baggage claim, and after a while of waiting, grabbed by bag. I turned and started the look for y/n. I knew she was a small girl, with y/c hair, and y/c eyes. I had a good idea where she would be- the bench closest to the exit of the baggage claim. She didn't really like places with a lot of people close together, so she was always close to the doors out. I looked around to find the bench closest to the exit and sure enough, I saw a girl in a tan shirt and black leggings sitting on a bench on her phone. I decided to play with her a little bit before actually going up to her. I pulled out my phone and opened our messages "Look behind you stoopid" I texted. I looked up to see her turn around and look behind her. She turned back with a hint of disappointment in her face, as her fingers moved around on her phone. "I didn't see you, where are you, stop playin" She responded. I thought I'd finally give in, so I responded.

-Y/N POV-

"Look up." 

I shot my head up so see a tall blonde boy in a green hoodie about 50 feet in front of me. He had wavy, dirty blonde hair that covered a part of his forehead. But what made everything stop in my body were his eyes. His deep green eyes looked at me. The kind of eyes you could get lost in and look at for hours. I felt my mouth open a little bit as I froze. I had to let my anxiety calm down for a second, along with my now rapid heart beat. I think he realized I froze, because he started to giggle as he waked up to me. After he started to take a few steps, I could finally move. Without thinking about anything, I got up and ran to him, burring my face in his chest, arms wrapped around his torso. For a second I think he froze, because only after a few seconds did he drop his bags and wrap his arms around me, melting into the hug. It hadn't even been a minute, but the hug felt like it lasted forever. I felt so safe and warm, being held in his arms. "Dream?" I mumbled into his chest in a shaky voice. "Hi." He giggled, finally letting me go. I stepped back a foot or two, even though I wanted to stay in his arms forever. He put his hand on my cheek and wiped a tear I didn't even realize fell. "Y/n don't cry." He whispered sarcastically, a sympathetic smile on his face. I couldn't say anything- my heart was so warm, as were my cheeks. All I could do was smile and look up at him. I knew he was tall, but he easily was towering over me. As my eyes met his, I finally found the words. 

"Clay," I muttered, "I'm so happy right now." Another tear I didn't know about fell from my eye. 

"I am too y/n." Dream replied, also wiping that tear from my cheek. He pulled me into another hug, this time resting his head on top of mine. "I am too."

'''''''''''''''''''

hii

okki i like this chapter, we finally met him WOOOOO! it gets good from here on out :) i hope you liked it too! Feel free to leave suggestions or advise

-dizzie

-1317 words-