Chapter 3 - The Dream

I was fast asleep, all warm and cozy in my bed. All I could think about was Dream. Dream and his cute little gift. As much as I wanted to think it was flirting, I forced myself to come to the conclusion that it was just him being nice. As a sign of friendship, and peace. Soon, my mind cleared, making me fall into an even deeper sleep.

At one point during the night, I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist. They felt strong, but gentle. They pulled me into a warm body. I was shocked, making me move to test if it was real, or if I was just finally insane. I was scared by the touch, until I heard a familiar voice. "Wake up y/n." I immediately recognized the voice. Dream. I looked up at the blonde man as he gave me a little kiss on the forehead. I felt so safe and warm. As I looked at him, I started to study his face. How his freckles were dotted around his cheeks and nose- how his hair was a little long, covering most of his forehead. And the best part about him were his eyes. Those emerald green eyes, I could get lost in them for hours. I realized what I was doing and finally spoke. "What are you doing here Dream?" I asked. "When did you get here?"

He paused, "I don't know, you tell me y/n." He finally whispered, a small smirk on his face. I sat up, confused by what he said. I shivered, realizing my covers had slipped off of me. I got really cold, snapping me back to reality. I opened my eyes, just to see me, alone in my bed. I sighed, wishing I could go back to the dream. 'That didn't mean anything right? It was just a dream. Dreams mean nothing. We are friends, we just met. Nothing more.' I thought, a small frown forming on my face. I didn't want to get too ahead of myself, but I wondered what it would be like if I was with Dream. I stopped my thoughts, not letting myself go there.I leaned back in bed, and pulled the covers back up. I closed my eyes, and before I knew it, i was back asleep.

-DREAM POV-

I was sitting in front of my computer, scrolling though twitter and Instagram. I was looking at a ton of fan art, and was liking them all. Until I came across one of me and y/n. I stared at it for a second, realizing there was a hashtag of our ship name. I clicked on it, seeing there was over a thousand posts under the hashtag. I started looking and then got lost in the fan art and compilations of me and her. 'We would make a cute couple if I'm being honest. She's almost a foot shorter than me, which immediately makes us adorable. But I know she wouldn't want that. Right?' I cleared my mind, and went back to twitter. This time, looking at dream team fan art, trying to get the thought of me and y/n out of my mind. As hard as I tried, I couldn't. Instinctively, I called my best friend George. He picked up and said hi. "Hi George." I said, realizing there was a sad tone in my voice. I tried to make it go away, not wanting George to worry. "What are you doing?"

"Oh nothing really, just editing the vlog." He responded, "Why are you up so late? Its like 4am for you!"

"Oh I just have a lot on my mind. Its nothing though."

"Its y/n isn't it Clay?" George questioned.

"Yeah." I muffled. "I cant her her out of my mind, and people are starting to ship us after her stream."

"Its okay Dream. Its only natural." George comforted, "People will always ship you with someone."

"Yeah, but its different with her. With her, its like I actually want the ship to happen. She's so pretty, funny, and just perfect." I said, looking down at my feet. "I think I like her George."

"Well," George began, "Maybe you should tell her. Not tomorrow or anything, but in a week or two. You guys should get to know each other a little better, don't you think?"

"Yeah good point. Thanks George." I thanked, "I think I'm going to try to go to bed now, I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Goodnight Dream."

I hung up, falling onto my bed. My thoughts were filled of her. I couldn't stop them, until soon, my eyes got heavy, eventually closing. I was fast asleep before I even realized my eyes had closed.

''''''''''''''''''''

hii

sorry for the shorter chapter,  but i hope you liked it :) next chapter will start to get good. also there was a big thunder storm last night, which game me inspo for future chapters ;)

-775 words-

a/n sorry it's been a few day, i've been busy working, i'll try to get a new chapter out by
tomorrow night :)