Flying Fortress

Third Person's POV

"When the sun is shining and the day is beautiful" Aleena narrated "Even the bravest of us need to get away from our troubles. But we must never forget that doon hangs above our heads..." Markus narrated.

The heroes where at the beach, though Sonia was the only one in a swimsuit relaxing "This is the life! Sun, surf... and no old Buttnik to worry about. We needed a little rest and relaxation..." Sonia said as a frisbee soars past "Huh?" She asks as Sonic speeds along "Hey! Watch it you two! You're both getting me all gritty!" Sonia said "Hm. Okay gotta go!" Sonic said catching the frisbee "Do we really think we can beat each other?" Sonic asks Brody who was far ahead of Sonic "Course We do!" Brody said "Yeah! Try catching this one my handsome wolf!" Sonic said spinning around and thriws the frisbee and Brody chases after it, at the same time Manic was digging in the sand "Phew! Whoa jackpot! My day has just been made in the shade. Can you dig it? Two Mobiums!" Manic said as Sonic approaches fasr and stops when he sees the sand castle and whistles "Fan-cy!" Sonic said and the frisbee hits him in the head "Oof! Hey, who's the wise guy? Oh yeah... my wolf" Sonic said as Brody runs up to Sonic "I win!" Brody said "Nuh-uh! It's a tie" Sonic said "Fine, we'll pile it with the others" Brody said rolling his eyes playfully as a shadow covers them "Okay, who turned out the lights?" Sonic asks and the four look up seeing  the evil fortress in the air "Uh-oh! Something tells me we've got a Buttnik on the horizon" Sonia said "Bail, sibs!" Sonic said "Looks like our vacation's just been sandblasted!" Brody said "Well, at least its not a total loss" Manic said "Heads up! They're getting ready to fire again!" Sonia said.

"Blast Sonic, his siblings and Brody back to the pre-Mobian age!" Robotnik said laughing "Excellent shooting your rotundness. Dingo and I should have no trouble scooping up those hedgehogs and wolf for you" Sleet said "Oh, why bother? My Fortress of Altitude can take care of a quartet of troublesome wolf and hedgehogs without your help!" Robotnik said.

"Wr'd better grab the van and vamoose outta here!" Brody said as they all got in the van and Brody drives it into a forest "This forest oughta give us some protection. No way they can see us under these trees!" Sonic said as The fortress shoots down some trees "That did it! Nobody messes woth the forest!" Sonia said as Brody stops the van and the fourget out summoning their instruments and attack the fortress but nothing happens "Whoa, the armor on that thing must be solid mobibindum!" Sonic said "But that weighs a ton! How could Buttnik make it fly?" Brody asks "Maybe it's time we find out just what makes that Buttnik-ugly thing tick!" Sonic said as he and Brody get sent flying by usig a palm tree.

The duo however had to escape as they ended up running into a force field blocking their way foward. Manic caught them and the four hide in a cave and Robotnik deduces they have been taken out so he leaves.

"This is horrible! That Buttnik's destroyed everything!" Sonia said as they got out the cave "Yeah! All we got now is a lifetime supply of toothpicks" Manic said "The Resistance won't stand a chance unless we knock Buttnik's flying fortress out of the sky" Sonic said "Okay, but how? You two were up there and you both couldn't stop him!" Sonia said "I know but we gotta crash that flying fortress before Mobius is trashed!" Sonic said "It wasn't artificial..." Brody muttered "What's that love?" Sonic asks "That green force field didn't seem artificial so maybe Buttnik's gotten his hand on a Chaos Emerald!" Brody said "Can't be! If he did, then that would mean..." Sonia said "The floating island will have fallen from the sky!" Manic said "Could there be another Chaos Emerald?" Sonic asks "There's only one person we can ask that" Brody said.

*Later at the floating island*

"Brody? Sonic? Manic? Sonia? What are you doing here?" Knuckles asks "The round dude's built himself one seriously bad flying fortress!" Manic said "And we believe he's powering it with a chaos emerald" Brody said "A Chaos Emerald?!" Knuckles asks "Yeah, is it possible that more than one Chaos Emerald exists?" Sonic asks "They're rare but if Buttnik's got his hands on one, he could be unstoppable!" Knuckles said "That's why we need your help bih guy!" Brody said "I'd like to help, but my first duty is to protect the Floating Island. I can't go chasin' all over Mobius! I gotta take care of my own people" Knuckles said "Hey, wait a minute! You're part of Mobius. If it goes down, so does your precious island!" Sonic said "True and you're the only one who knows about Chaos Emeralds" Brody said "I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do" Knuckles said walking away so the four summon their instruments and play a song to convince him.

*After the Song*

"All right, enough! I'll do it! I'll help you" Knuckles said "I knew you couldn't resist a good Buttnik kickin'!" Sonic said.

Knuckles went to a hangar he built to check some things when a vision if his Great Grandfather appear warning him that if he leaves the island mobius could be destroyed and say he has to make a decision and vanishes. Knuckles reluctantly decides to still help the Sonic Underground so they head off.

*At the flying fortress*

Robotnik was having a blast attacking Port Mobius and Sleet and Dingo remind him those Mobians sided with him because they set up the whole fake sea monster thing and Robotnik countered mentioning they failed him so many times and to stop interrupting him and gets back to shooting. Sleet ends up seeing Robotnik thinks he doesn't need them anymore so decides to plan something with Dingo.

At the same time Knuckles and company distracted Robotnik with an aircraft with a tape recorder of knuckles making Robotnik shoot it down and they use the distraction to land on top of the flying fortress with the ude of parachutes "Ready to dig in?" Knuckles asks "We're behimd ya all the way" Sonic said as Knuckles digs through and they all get in "Now all we gotta do is find the Chaos Emerald" Knuckles said taking iut a Chaometer "What's that Knuckles?" Brody asks "This is a Chaometer. It tracks the energy from a Chaos Emerald and there's one on board all right! Follow me" Knuckles said leading the way.

"That's impossible! How did they get aboard my fortress?!" Robotnik asked as he sees the heroes on the live feed of his cameras "Whoa, this Chaometer's going crazy! Something's wrong..." Knuckles said "Uh-oh. Could be that green stuff that chased us before" Brody said "We gotta get outta here!" Sonic said "Stand back!" Knuckles said digging a way through a wall and the heroes follow him "Whoa!" Sonic said "There's a Chaos Emerald under us... through about a Mobius mile of mobibindum" Knuckles said "So what are we waiting for? Do your stuff, Knuckles!" Brody said and Knuckles nodded and starts digging downwards.

At the same time Sleet and Dingo arrived to where the Chaos Emerald is and Sleet shoots down the swatbots guarding ut "I never knew blowing up swatbots could be so much fun! With the Chaos Emerald in our hands, Robotnik won't dare try to get rid if us!" Sleet said "Good thinking Sleet!" Dingo said as Sleet grabs the emerald and they walk away "If nothing else, he wont have his precious fortress anymore and he'll need our help again!" Sleet said.

The second the two left the room was the moment the heroes arrived to the room but they don't see the Chaos Emerald anywhere "This is bad! Residual energy's high, but it looks like somebody's already swiped the Emerald!" Knuckles said and the fortress started to shake and fall down suprising the heroes "Without the Chaos Emerald, this fortress is sunk! We'll drop like a rock into the Mobian Sea!" Knuckles said and Sonic gulps "Into the....sea?" Sonic asks hugging Brody's arm shaking.

"Those hedgehogs and wolf must have stolen my Chaos Emerald! Swatbots! Reach for a crash landing!" Robotnik said and sees Sleet and Dingo on the monitor fleeing on a hoverboard if sorts "Oooh, those rats! Deserting the sinkingbship! Someone is going to PAY FOR THIS!" Robotnik said as the fortress falls and hits the ocean "Man, that was some ride! At least Buttnik's overgrown beach ball was trashed and crashed" Manic said "But we didn't take the Chaos Emerald!" Sonia said "Yeah!" Sonic said "But I don't get it, who stole the emerald?" Brody asks.

"Now we've got the power, instead of Robotnik!" Sleet said "Yeah. Just wait till we're in charge!" Dingo said and the two laugh as they fly away.

To be continued.