Mean

Sometimes Emilia thought Ravenclaw wasn't the correct house for her

Sometimes Emilia thought Ravenclaw wasn't the correct house for her. Sure she made list like her life depended on it. She obsessed over mysterys. She searched out the answers to questions no one asked. Read books on all the least interesting topics.

But sometimes she wondered if she actually enjoyed any of it. Or if it was just how she was raised. How she was forced to think and act. Sometimes all she wanted was to get away from all the information she soaked up in a day. To just...live. To be content not knowing. To live in ignorant bliss. But alas. Here she was, digging up secrets in her fellow students mind just to make sure they aren't planning world domination. A thing that she actually had to check for thanks to the last couple years in the one and only Hogwarts.

Yet all she was getting was.

Ted likes Cloe

Zander was deathly afraid of the dark.

Zoey had five cats hidden in a trunk of her room..... (werid yet not news worthy)

And Haden Markel thought that she was incredibly creepy, seeing as she kept looking at him.

Yay.

She shut her journal with a frustrated sigh. Looking up just in time to catch the eyes of particular red head.

Ron Weasley smiled at Emilia as he passed her in the hall, and for a second she felt her heart do that little thing where it desides to take a second to stop doing its job. She smiled back before quickly lifting the book in her lap to cover the blush rushing to her cheeks.

Ron Weasley was too high on Hogwarts social hiarchy to mingle with the likes of her. She knew this because she didn't only know what she thought of the boy but what everyone else did aswell.

And while she admits they annoyingly only see Ron as a friend of Harry Potter, he still was known. And she simply wasn't. Not that she cared, but it seemed like he did, he cared what people thought of him. He wanted glory. Popularity. Fame.

She wouldn't give him that. All she could give him was wealth.

She was in line to get a large sum of money from her grandparents, who were leaving everything to Emilia. Her grandparents loved Emilia. When her father had complained to them how Emilia wasn't popular or well known they didnt mind. Pulling her aside later that evening.

"You dont need to be the face of the company to be important Emilia. In our time we were powerful just by whispering in peoples ears. In the shadows." Grandma whispered

"Just because your father is obsessed with being in the spot light doesn't mean you do. Your smart. On top all your classes and a natural Leumense. You prefer to be not seen, thats fine. Just find your person, and ride to the top." Grandpa agreed.

They ment well. They did. But they too could only think of power. Because that was the Blueday way.

They didn't need to be the leaders. Because leaders often came tumbling down when they got to high. Bluedays were good right hand men. They were the puppeteers that pulled the strings on the people in power. They were always ready to jump ship when the time was right. They had no true loyalties. Other than themselves. And that, was what the Blueday's truest truth was.

And that, was what Emilia was running away from.

She sighed as she looked down at her book again. The blush on her gone now. However not missed by a certain Slytherin.

"Did you just blush at that ridiculous Weasley?" The reaction in her was immediate. Turning with a glare.

"No" she spit. Looking down at the book in her hands in attempt to ignore him. Malfoy behind her with a disgusted look.

"Yes you did. Do you really have a crush on that wacko?" He asked rather loudly. Her eyes twitched in anger and she turned to look at him again fericly.

"No Malfoy. But I dont know why your asking. As you've obviously made you your mind with your ridiculous theory's. I do hope you never get into Ministry work." She slammed her book shut and sholdered her bag she carried somedays and jumped off the ledge. Malfoy smirking as he trailed behind her.

"Then why are you so worked up?" She scoffed as she walked.

"Because your you.  Have I ever needed another reason?" He shrugged, a smug tone till in his tone

"I suppose not" he said but his voice still held on the teasing tone that showed he still didn't believe her.

"And how about you" she swiftly turned in her spot making him have to freeze and stumble as he about walked straight into her. Her face close to his as she narrowed her eyes looking into his. "I see you and Pansy are close"

"What about it? Jealous?" she scoffed

"I just find it interesting. Do your parents like her?" She asked. A fake question in her tone. The look on his face told her all she needed to know and a smirk came to her face "Thats what I thought. Even the Malfoy's don't want to be associated with such a dimm wited girl who has the grace and respect of a toad and the mouth of a very loud hyena" his eye narrowed and all humor was gone

"Be quite Blueday" he said venomously. She narrowed her eyes.

"Or what Malfoy. Like it or not I'm right, not that you actually care. You dont like the poor girl. You just crave the attention and love poor daddy never gave you" as soon as the words left her lips she regretted them. And it showed on her face as her eyes widened and her face fell. She took a step back as if she had been slapped. Draco glared.

"Look at that. Brain of a Ravenclaw with the tongue of a Slytherin. Guess your more Blueday than we thought. More and more like daddy every day" the words cut. Stung. Just as he intended them too as he suddenly stomped away from her with a swish of his robes. She stood there for a second soaking in the words, hearing the truth behind them, she had no room to feel any way as she had done it first. She had thrown the first dagger, and she hadn't even meant to, it just came out, naturally.

Malfoy and her were enemy's sure, but there was a understanding, unspoken but true, they had been there through everything, they saw each other clearly, clearer than anyone else. They knew each other's family's intimately, too intimately and it was a subject both stayed clear from, till now. Why had she said that?