sana repetere foras

As Pettigrew emerges from the gap, he prattles desperately

"Turn me into a maggot. A dung beetle. A Flobberworm! Anything but the Dementors" as Ron emerges "Ron! Haven't I been a good friend? A good pet? You won't let them kill me, will you? I was your rat..." As Ron draws back in disgust, a sleepwalking Snape bumps his head against a low limb. Hermione turns to Harry.

"Don't worry. He's under the Somnambulist Charm. It's primarily used to transport the seriously deranged." Lupin reassured them. As Harry nods, Pettigrew's pleading eyes find Hermione.

"Sweet girl. Clever girl. Surely you won't let them..." Hermione tugs her robes from Pettigrew's sweaty grasp. Harry turns, sees Black staring in wonder at the castle, shining radiantly under the bright bowl of the night sky.

Emilia, Ron, and Hermione sit down, tending to Ron's wounds as well as allowing Harry to go talk to Sirius

"Emilia, how did you know we were telling the truth?" Remus asked as they walked back, Emilia knew the question would come, she had been dreading it. She had no excuse, nothing she could say but the truth would make any sense. That didn't mean she wanted to share it, she father would be furious is he found out she had told anyone, the family secret that had been held for centuries

"And about Peter Pettigrew" Ron spoke up, also giving her a confused and almost suspicious look. Suddenly they heard Hermione gasp, she eyes widened as she looked at the blonde

"Your secret." Damm the girl was too smart for Emilia's good

"What secret?" Ron asked. Emilia sighed, knowing a couple had figured it out. Well Hermione and Lupin had, and Hermione would eventually tell her two besties

"I'm a Legilimens" she muttered

"What?" Ron asked confused, Hermione rolled her eyes

"She reads minds Ronald" she explained. Emilia shrugged her shoulders

"It doesn't matter, I'm really not very useful". Ron looked at her like she was mad

"Not useful! Do you know how much that could solve!" Emilia gave a worried gaze

"You can't tell anyone, my family can't have anyone knowing this" she said seriously, but Ron was freaking out by himself

"Read minds!" He exclaimed. Remus looked at the girl confused but curious

"How are you so skilled, you don't need a spell and eye contact, and it requires years of learning" he said, she shrugged

"Well some are born with it, so I don't need spells or eye contact, normally it would be overwhelming, and I'd hear everyone's thoughts all at once, but with practice, iv been able to tune out or in. And iv been practicing since I was 5"

"5!?" Ron screamed, she once again just shrugged it off

"It's not as amazing as you think, I'm quite normal at everything else" he scoffed giving her a look

"Join the club! But I can't read minds!" She laughed at him, shaking her head Ron looked at the two with a look of disbelief

"This is all rather crazy" he muttered. Emilia chuckled in agreement.

"Tell me about it, and here I was looking for a stupid shadowmoss. Only findable on nights of the new-moon" she said rolling her eyes at the ridiculous of it all. Suddenly Hermione's head swung to Emilia. Her eyes wide.

"What did you just say?" she asked, her voice on edge. Emilia gave the girl a confused look.

"Shadowmoss. It grows wildly in dark places. Can't be seen in sunlight. So it's found on nights of full moons....like tonight." Hermione looks away and suddenly grows pale.

"Harry..." She turns, seeing Hermione staring at the full moon. Her eyes shift. Lupin is a rigid silhouette, his fingers twitching. Sirius springs to action.

"Remus, old friend... did you take your potion tonight?" Lupin, twitching, shakes his head. Pettigrew's eyes dart, taking in the situation, then slowly shift, note the wand trembling.

"Run. All of you. Now." But none of them do, transfixed, watching as hair began to poke through the skin. Black steps forward, wraps his arms around his friend, presses his mouth to his ear.

"You know the man you truly are, Remus. This flesh is only, This heart is where you truly live. This heart! Here!" As Lupin's wand drops Pettigrew leaps.

"No!"

"Expelliarmus!" Lupin's wand flies from Pettigrew's hand and he FREEZES. Then slowly turns. Face blank, eyes closed, he grins. Then hideously. Transforms. Stunned, Emilia watches a rat dart into the night.

A Howl screams behind her and she wheels. With a shrug, Lupin tosses Black into the air, then turns. He is no longer human. He's a werewolf. Harry and Hermione begin to edge back.

"Professor...?" The wolfs eyes blaze. Long teeth glitter. Then... a horrifying growl erupts from its throat. Harry and Hermione spin, begin to flee... and run-flat into Snape. As they collapse in a great clumsy pile, Snape's eyes flutter open, the spell broken. Seeing Hermione atop him, he sweeps her aside...

"Out of the way!"... and finds the werewolf preparing to pounce. Leaping to his feet, Snape draws his wand and steps forward, shielding Hermione, Harry, Emilia, and Ron.
The werewolf howls and sprints forward, when a black familiar dog intercepts it in midair.

They hit the ground in a tangle of flashing teeth, a single horrible flailing beast. Again and again, the dog pushes the werewolf back, but the werewolf is too strong...

"Sirius!" The dog yelps, crying in pain, and the werewolf flings it into the tall grass. As it charges after, Harry pushes past Snape, dashes into the night. Hermione makes to follow, but Snape holds her back. Emilia slipping by and past them. Snape yelling out for her to stop but she doesn't listen.

"Harry!" Harry runs full out. Up ahead, he spies the dog, lying inert, the werewolf's razor-sharp claws suspended over its neck.

"NO!!!" Desperately, Harry plucks a branch from the ground and hurls it with all his might. Bull's-eye. The werewolf freezes. Turns. Begins to move toward... Harry. Harry draws his wand, terrified, but tormented as well, knowing Lupin dwells somewhere within the beast.

"Please, Professor. Stop... It's me." Suddenly... a howl pierces the night. The werewolf falters, cocking its head toward the forest. Harry waits, petrified. The wolfs eyes shift back to him.

Emilia watched from afar and felt herself rack her brain for what to do. Remembering another spell she had made. One that she had assumed would be useless, she whispered into her wand holding it in her ear like a tape recorder.

"sana repetere foras" she whispered and instantly the spell began to rewind the sounds it had heard in the last 30 seconds till it got to the howl she heard a moment ago. Lifting her hand in the air she waved her wand as if she were throwing something into the distance.

It snarls, moves closer, ready to kill. Harry covers his face with his arm, then from the direction Emilia had thrown the magic invisible voice box a second howl sweeps high above the forest. Slowly, Harry drops his arm. Looks. The werewolf bounds toward the forest, vanishes. Emilia letting out a breath of relief as she successfully used a silly pranking spell to help Harry.

Harry's eyes shift. In the darkness, the wounded dog lurches through the tall grass. Falls. Rises. Falls again. Each time becoming more human. As he disappears over the ridge, Harry sprints after.
Emilia went to follow when suddenly a hand pressed down firmly on her shoulder. She looked up to see a scowling Snape.

"Follow me Miss Blueday"

"Yes sir" she agreed. Looking forward once again with a frown, hoping the boy was okay.