Attack

Emilia had a reason to be out there that night

Emilia had a reason to be out there that night. She did. She had a herbology assignment and of course, her being the overachiever that she was out looking for the samples she needed to add to her essay. It had been getting late as she looked. Still having no luck even though the professor had assured her the plant ressided around the castle. Yet no luck.

That had been when she heard the peculiar yells of familiar voices. She turned her head to see the dashing body of the golden trio running up a hill.

"Ron! No!" Hermione yelled as she ran after the red headed boy in the lead. Emilia narrowed her eyes to see what he was after when she noticed the tiny form of a rat. As Ron pelts after Scabbers, Harry and Hermione chase. Emilia raised a brow at the strangeness but turned back to where she had been looking for her herb. leaving the trio to whatever strange business they were involved in.

That is until her eyes widened as she remembered she had just came from that way, and was well aware of the deadly tree the three were headed towards.

"WAIT" she yelled and then dashed in their direction as quickly as she could.

As Emilia reach the top of the ridge she suddenly stops next to both Herminie and Harry, looking wide-eyed at the boy sitting contently on the ground.

"Harry. You do realize what tree this is..." Hermione muttered. Ron nabs Scabbers, cradles him in his bloody palm. Emilia turned to the two in confusion.

"What's happening?" she asked urgently but they continued their stare on Ron. She nodded and looked back at him in worry. Ron kneeling under the Whomping Willow.

"That's not good." Harry muttered. Emilia nodded in agreement

"No it is not" she whispered.

"Ron! Run!" Ron looks up from the rat looking toward Harry. Emilia watched as a look of horror covered his own gaze. Yet instead of it being directed to the danger he himself was in his eyes stayed glued to a spot over their shoulders

"Harry! Run!" He shouted raising a hand to point behind them. Emilia's eyes shift. Bounding toward them in the gathering gloom is a terrifying jet black dog. It looked made of nightmares and Emilia felt her breath get caught in her throat as she wanted to scream as it bounded close to them, ready to tear them apart. However just as it arrived and Emilia instinctively went to shield herself the dog leaped clear over her.

"Aaaahhh!" The dog's teeth flash and close on Ron's foot, dragging him away like a rag doll. Instantly, Emilia dashes forward, Harry right in front of her as he leaps out, trying to grab Ron's hands... but he just misses it. The dog vanishes into the gap at the base of the tree, begins to pull Ron through...

"Ron!" Emilia shouts terrified. Suddenly Emilia's wand she had pulled out during the run over lifted into the air pointed in the boys directing. "vinea flagello!" suddenly a long vine like whip lashes out and around Ron's hand. hHm now holding on to the magic vine connected to her wand. But it's no use. The dog is too powerful.