All Aboard

***

"Remember, keep your wits about you

"Remember, keep your wits about you. I trust if anything comes up you'll enlighten us, unlike the previous years." Emilia bit her lip and looked at her sneakers. She shook her head in agreement.

Her father was commenting on how Emilia had thought that professor Quirrell had been hiding secrets, but she hadn't looked, and therefore had cost her family the ability to showboat and galavant around like they had figured it all out.

Still tho, she admits that her want for silence and not allowing herself to get into others heads had actually hurt more people than help. She could have known Quirrell was attempting to go for the stone if she had allowed herself. Or about Ginny and the chamber of secrets.

"I promise to be more...intrusive this year father"

"Good Good, this year if anything should come up, you better make the papers. Got it?" Emilia tucked some hair behind her ear, well aware that her family cared little for actually helping anyone, instead only cared about publicly.

"Yes father" the loud sound of the train screamed and Emilia turned towards the large transportation . Emilia turned back towards her parents and smiled at her mother.

"Goodbye mom"

"Farewell darling, do try and stay of trouble" Emilia smiled and hugged the women while the two heard her father scoff

"That's the opposite of what I just said Martha" the young girl pulled away from her mother, and nodded at her father. She then turned and took her suitcase in hand before heading towards the train.

She sighed as she shuffled past students, her suitcase heavy in her hands. Her eyes darted into compartment looking for her only friend Vic

Vic and her had known each other since first year, but it wasn't a fast friendship. In fact they had started as rivals, often paired up with each other. They'd bicker and fight and roll eyes, often butting heads on things. It wasn't till second year that the friendship blossomed. Emilia had accidentally got a peek into the Slytherins mind...and suddenly her view on the girl changed. It was then she realized how similar the two were. Both lonely with no friends and family's that expected the impossible.

The next time the dark haired Slytherin had began to sprout out insults Emilia simply answered with an invite to study together. The Slytherin had been confused, befuddled and had quickly exited the conversation. Emilia being a Ravenclaw was smart enough to be patient, and a week later the brunette excepted the offer and they soon became friends.

But Emilia couldn't help her annoyance as she scanned for said friend and yet seen no sign. Did the girl pick the very back of the train?

Emilia looked up from the windows to see if Vic was perhaps walking down an isle when she noticed who she was walking behind, Harry, Ron and Hermione. The fantastic three as Lin called them. They worked their way down the aisle, looking for an empty compartment.