Smiling Senior

Aaradhya's POV:

I was finally out of that dangerous dungeon. "Seriously stupid darling? DANGEROUS?" Okay it was not dangerous but at least it was suffocating spending time with the same man who broke your heart before and looked even more irresistible now!

I went to the waiting room to see if that kind lady was still there by any chance because I felt some sort of attraction towards her and also wanted to thank her once again. I went towards my seat and she was sitting right there where she was seated previously.

"Anneyong haseyo!...aah..Ma'am" I apparently didn't know the Korean word for Madam, so I used English here. I remember learning the Korean version of this word somewhere but it didn't ring in my head this time.

"Anneyong Haseyo Miss Gupta" She replied with the same warm smile she used while wishing me luck for the interview. OMG! How sweet she was!

Since I arrived in this country, I didn't see much people get this friendlier and sweet with me. Probably because the medium of conversation was so weak that even if they wanted to talk to me and make me comfortable, they weren't able to do that because I didn't know Korean and their English went a bit beyond my understanding. But they all are sweet. So, alright! I don't blame them.

Wait...did she just say my last name? Yeah! She did. How did she get to know my surname? Woah! This city was full of confusion.

"How did your interview go?" She asked me bringing me out of all my confusion-filled thoughts. This lady never forgets to smile.

"It went well Mrs...?" I raised one of my eyebrow indicating her that I was curious to know her name.

"Well, I am Mrs. Kim Mi Soo" She told me again repeating her warm smile as if it were a natural part of her body and that it came out involuntarily. I tell you this lady smiles a lot!

"Oh you have a very sweet name! nice to meet you ma'am." Though I didn't know the meaning of her name but it was my habit to complement someone right after they introduce their name to me!

"Thanks a lot Miss Gupta." She said sweetly. I smiled back a genuine smile this time. "Do you mind talking to me as we move outside at least till the place my car is parked." I proposed as I was getting late to leave and wanted her to make my day a better one especially after the encounter with Zeeshan.

"No, dear. I won't mind. So, shall we leave?" She asked me picking up her small handbag and hanging it over her shoulder. This lady was a perfect combination of beauty with generosity and kindness. She was dressed decently in a blouse and skirt and had her hair tied up in a bun.

'Yeah! Sure Miss Kim Mi Soo" I tried to smile as kindly as her but failed. Stupid me!

I grabbed my clutch not before checking for my knight in shining armour's presence inside it. And yeah here it was. Wait....guessing who's my knight in shining armour and why is he hiding inside my clutch? Well, I am talking about my mobile phone and shining armour was the reference to my phone's shining pink and golden cover which made it look new! I loved this design.

"So, am I missing on some good news?" Miss Soo asked me out of nowhere breaking the awkward silence while we were making our way to the parking lot. I was a bit surprised and then I understood she might be asking about the interview's result.

"Referring to the interview I guess?" She nodded her head indicating a 'yes' as I proceeded, "It went well. At least as of now it's the most I could tell you." I replied with a faint smile.

"Well, the chances of getting selected after you give the interview in such a grand hospital are less and not many people have made their way into this hospital, to be honest. But I believe you are a great lady and would prove to be really very worthy, I can say that after seeing your documents."

My eyes got widened at the fact that she had gone through my documents. Understanding my expressions, she proceeded to talk further.

"Actually am sorry for doing that but after reading your name on the resume which was visible through the transparent file, I realized you were an Indian. So, I couldn't stop myself from finding more about you!" She smiled again, but this time a sheepish one! Oh god she looked cute in that too.

"Ahh, no problem actually. It's completely fine and am so glad that you took interest in knowing an Indian." I said in a calming tone. "So, you working here or rather came in for the interview?" I asked to know whether I would get to work with her in this hospital and smiled inwardly at the possibility of that.

"Yup! You got it right. I am the senior-most doctor of this hospital and the most trusted one too!" She exclaimed leaving me shocked. She was the 'senior-most'? Either they had no set experience or age criteria for senior doctors or this lady might have exceeded my assumptions of her age.

"Do you mind telling me your age?" I asked with a grin hoping she would deny and cursing myself for asking a stupid question like that. "Am 37 years old." She replied with a confident smile and in a natural manner. Did the 'never ask a lady her age' fact work only in India? Didn't she mind me asking that?

But I tried taking in her age. She was just 37! Just 37! And a senior doctor? Well this lady had much more potential that I thought earlier.

"Well, don't be shocked. Long story short, I don't look like but am an experienced doctor. Actually, the fact being that am working in this hospital right from the last 5 years, so you see I prove trustworthy in their eyes."

She was right, trust is more important than any set criteria for any job. She is a real gem of this hospital. If I get selected I would get such a good and potential senior to work under. I couldn't help but smile at this possibility.

"Woah! you look really cute when you smile Miss Gupta." I blushed at her compliment but I was done with her calling me 'Miss Gupta'. "You can call me Aaradhya!" I told her genuinely smiling.

"Aa...rad..ya" She pronounced my name and I could sense the difficulty she was facing in doing so. "Well how about Aaru?" I asked raising my eyebrows, questioning her.

"Aaru" My pet name rolled off her tongue easily but obviously in a foreign accent. But I was glad she got it right.

"My name sounds too cute from your mouth." I spoke giggling and she giggled back. "Well, Sir is going to miss out on all these cute giggling sessions if he doesn't hire you." She spoke followed by a mild laughter. My giggle dropped at the mention of Zeeshan. Why did she have to take his name when I had almost completely forgotten about that handsome devil?

"Did I say something wrong dear? I am so sorry for that!" She said immediately feeling guilty. "No, dear I just got a bit tensed of the results to be declared tomorrow. That would decide if Zeeshan and you would really miss out on all these giggling sessions or not!"

She smiled understanding my plight. "No worries dear. You are really great and just too talented for a your age. You would surely get selected. And if you don't, trust me it's the hospital that loses!" She said with an assuring smile.

"Thanks a lot for you good words. Nice to meet you. You were a really great company till this parking lot!" I exclaimed opening my clutch for my car keys as we finally reached here. "Your most welcome. All the best for tomorrow's result. I would like to take my leave from you! Me getting late for home!"

She said, an expression of hurry covering her beautiful face. "Good bye. All hopes in the air to meet you again Miss Soo" I smiled back genuinely as she waved her hand towards me before waking over to her car and unlocking it. I unlocked my car too and went inside securing my seat belt.

"See you again good lady." She smiled warmly once again before driving away into the busy street of this beautiful city.

I sighed with the possibilities of the next day and started the engine and soon drove away from the hospital responsible for my encounter with 'the person I once loved' and a kind and 'all-smiles woman'.

Heya! Lovelies how are y'all doing?
I urge you not to be a silent reader. Plzz do upvote and comment!

Question of the day/night:

Q: Have you ever had an encounter with any person this generous and kind like Kim Mi Soo?  ... Feel free to share.

Bbye! Wait for the next chapter!
~MeMissAngelRicha :)