Secret's Out

A VERY VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ANNA, I've dedicated the chapter to you love. :) I promised I'd update on your birthday as a special gift, so here you go. (PS: I put in a little Larry scene just for you girl!)

--

"Home sweet home!" Liam yelled as he threw open the doors of the house.

"Liam!" a sudden flurry of dark hair was all Zayn saw as Danielle flung herself onto her boyfriend, hugging him tightly and kissing him all over.

Liam hugged her back, smiling so widely that his face looked ready to rip into half. He didn't let go of her for a good five minutes, while the rest of the boys stood around and tried not to look awkward. Once she was done, she went round to offer hugs to everyone else, even though none of them were as intense as the one Liam had gotten.

"So, you're all back, then. How was Vegas?" she asked, stepping back beside Liam.

"Lots of fun, but we wished you were there with us," Harry told her. "Liam missed you to bits."

"Can't blame him, though," Louis offered, then smiled. "We couldn't really call it a party without you, to be honest."

"Aw, maybe next time," Danielle laughed, smiling back. "I'm glad you had fun anyway."

Niall let out a discreet cough. "The fun's barely just started for Liam."

Liam's cheeks flamed immediately. "And when did you start running your mouth like that?"

"We should've known," Zayn was laughing, clapping Niall on the shoulder. "It's always the quiet ones, isn't it?"

Louis raised his eyebrows. "I always thought Zayn was the quiet one."

"I'm doubtful of the direction this conversation is headed in," Harry said, letting out a dramatic shudder, chattering teeth and all.

"Where's Eleanor?" Danielle murmured absently. "She said she'd be here."

Louis shifted, immediately uncomfortable. "Dunno. Is she ill?"

Danielle's eyebrows collided in confusion. "Maybe," she said, but she didn't sound convinced. "Anyway. I baked a cake for you boys!"

"Does it have the special ingredient of love again?" Niall piped up. "Because the last time we had your bacon and eggs, they were amazing."

"Wasn't that the day we had an arguement, Niall?" Zayn mused. "You threw the plate at me."

"Yeah, I remember," Niall said. "Sorry about the plate, though. Didn't really mean it."

"That was special-edition ceramic that cost ninety pounds, Niall," Harry rolled his eyes.

"Ah, well," Niall shrugged. "I'm going up for a shower. Zayn, coming?"

Danielle looked at them curiously, probably wondering why two completely platonic best friends would want to shower together, and Liam just sighed. Harry and Louis were barely able to conceal their dirty knowing grins.

Zayn took a step toward Niall, finding his hand and letting the rest of the room slip away. "Wouldn't miss it for the world."

--

There was cold water catching on Niall's eyelashes and clinging onto the dappled skin, soapy lathers dripping off both of them. Zayn's hands found their way down the side of Niall's hips, tickling him and making the blond boy laugh.

"Zayn, no one puts soap in their hair," Niall groaned as he flipped his head around and sent foam flying all over Zayn. "Mankind once created this wonderful concoction called the shampoo, if you didn't know."