The Last Dream

Niall sits perfectly still, as Zayn's arm creeps around his waist, soft lips tracing up his jaw. His breath is cool on Niall's face, the scent of his cologne filling his lungs. Niall buries his face in Zayn's neck, his lips pressing onto the taut skin, trying to lose himself within that little curve.

"Zayn," he murmurs.

Zayn's mouth brushes lightly on his.

"I have so many things to tell you," Niall says, and even at those words he feels tears in his eyes, blocking his throat. "So many things you need to know, but I don't know how. I-"

"Shh," Zayn gently lays him down, on the soft sheets. "Close your eyes."

Niall obediently shuts his eyes, but he's aware of every movement, every thumping heartbeat in his chest. He's aware of the fingers deftly flicking the buttons on his shirt, undoing them and sliding them off his chest. He's aware of the unzipping sound in his jeans, aware of the rough fabric pulled off his legs.

Zayn crawls over him, lightly sinks his teeth into Niall's shoulder. Electricity tingles from the lovebite, shoots around his body. Zayn's hands find their way around Niall's torso, travel downward and find his stimulation point, stroking it softly as Niall feels his body react, every muscle contracting with pleasure. He wants to open his mouth, but he can't ruin the perfect tranquil silence by groaning out loud.

Once Niall can't take it anymore, he feels Zayn slowly lift up, get ready for the usual routine. But this time, something makes Niall reach out to him, pull him back down in a long, slow kiss. "I want to be on top this time," he whispers.

Zayn seems surprised. "What?"

Niall nods. "Please?"

Zayn stares at him for a long time, like he's contemplating, then quietly lies down beside Niall, allowing him to climb over the strong, hard-muscled chest. "Thank you," he says quietly, as anticipation and pleasure build up inside him, reaching a peak the instant he slides into Zayn, whose hands immediately grasp on Niall's hair, tugging it almost painfully. Niall's heart is pounding; he's nervous as hell. Zayn's breathing hitches, his hands fumbling at Niall's head, pulling him down for multiple swift kisses that leave Niall's body glowing.

This goes on for a long time, until at last they hit climax, and Niall, who's exhausted and wrecked, falls into a heap on top of Zayn, who caresses him lovingly, holding him close until the sound of both their heartbeats slow, until Niall falls deep asleep, until the dream ends.

Even though somehow, he knows something is terribly wrong.

--