Bonus Chapter

Back To Earth

NOVA COULD HARDLY BELIEVE HER EYES AT THE COLORS AROUND HER. Traveling through the Bifrost was a journey she was always fond of. This soon became one of Thor's favorite things too, just because of the excitement the freckled girl expressed.

She gripped onto his large shoulders tightly until the colors finally faded. Thor set her down gently, her feet finally touching the earth's soil again.

"Welcome home," Thor said quietly watching her eyes wander around the grassy land.

"This is not my home silly, simply a place I once inhabited."

Thor placed a gentle hand on her back leaning his lips down to her ear, "I have another surprise."

Her giddy smile made his insides twist.

Just then a voice run out causing Nova to turn her head in his direction. There stood Steve Rogers, with his usual button up shirt and neatly slicked back hair. Nova couldn't stop herself from running to him. He gladly welcomed her in a hug smiling into her hair.

"Long time no see Nova."

He patted her back gently as they pulled away.

"I missed you Steve."

Steve guided her toward a large building on top of a hill, "there's a few others who would like to see you."

Genuine happiness radiated from Nova at the sight of Tony Stark, "Thanks for the invite to your wedding."

She greeted him with a hug regardless of his snarky remarks.

"I guess i'm not so extraordinarily average after all."

He chuckled lightly letting her move away to greet Natasha and Bruce.

"I see immortality couldn't fix all imperfections," Bruce said noting the limp in her leg.

She smiled up at him with a shrug, "I like it, it reminds me of you."

Nova sat beside Thor in Tony's grand home. The fireplace brought warmth to all places touched with slight anxiousness.

"So you're Queen now? Here I thought you were just going on a short vacation," Tony remarked as he drank from his usual mug of alcohol.

"A permanent vacation I guess," Nova responded with another shrug. She looked to Thor for commentary but he simply rubbed her back in a smoothing manner.

"She's a fine Queen, the people praise her dedication and the children believe she is sent from the stars," Thor's chuckle filled the room while also filling Nova's stomach with butterflies.

"Who wouldn't love her," Natasha said with crossed arms and a slight grin. Her laid back manner fondly reminded her of dear Loki back on Asgard.

The group chatted for what felt like hours. Them discussing new dangers on earth while Nova explained how beautiful Asgard was. Everyone seemed happy to have the familiar brunette back. When the stars finally made their appearance in the sky Nova knew it was time to go.

She got up slightly hugging each of them tighter than the first time. She knew it would be years before she saw them again. On Asgard time worked differently, and it would pass by quicker than she realized. Perhaps before she even knew the people she loved back on earth were indeed aging.

"I came back to thank you," Nova said thoughtfully as she turned to look upon the earths mightiest heroes.

"For which part exactly?" Stark said smirking at her as he took a sip of his drink.

She had so much to thank them for. For saving her life, for helping her see the good in the world, for giving her Thor... Instead she settled for a simpler answer.

"For everything."

"You'll always have a place with us Nov," Steve said while giving her one last pat on the shoulder.

You'd think walking away from your home planet would have you feeling a bit unsettled, but for Nova it was quite the opposite. It was finally putting the past behind her. Closing the doors on her past self and welcoming the new. She didn't need to be on earth to feel the love from her mother or her old friends. She could feel that anywhere.

"You ready to go home?" Thor asked as they stood together under the glow of the stars.

The blue in his eyes melted all the thoughts in her head. She only saw him.

"Always."