Chapter Thirty-Four

NOVA LEE NOTICED THREE THINGS WHEN SHE WOKE UP THE NEXT MORNING. One, she was sprawled out in the sheets of a grand bed which just so happened to be Thors. Two, the God was no where to be seen. And three, she felt nothing. Of course mentally she felt everything. Every detail of the kiss swarmed her mind. There weren't enough words in the world to describe how Nova felt about the night before. But physically, something had changed. The familiar burning in her chest had completely vanished.

With that thought, she stood quickly from the bed almost tripping to the ground with the sheet still tangled in between her feet. She held up the ends of her dangling dress as her footsteps carried her over to the large mirror presented on the wall. Anxiously she peeled away the layer of clothing covering her skin. Where she expected to find the gruesomely swollen scar etched on her skin, she found nothing. Nothing but a tiny slice irregularly positioned in the middle of her chest.

The sight scared her for a moment as she stumbled away from the mirror hugging her arms close to her body.

Am I healed? She thought.

Was the mark ever there at all? Will I now be sent away? Was it all a figure of my imagination? She wondered tumbling back against the wall.

Is any of this real? It can't be real. A god could never love a girl. I'm dispensable, I have nothing to offer, I will never be enough. I'm just a girl. I'm just a human.

Nova sat curled up in the floor as involuntary tears spilled from her eyes. These thoughts were not her own. She knew exactly who drilled them into her head months ago. Loki. The irritating god who held Nova ransom in New Mexico. He was there, she knew it. And as much as she wished to forget ever meeting him he was still in her head whether he was trying or not. Her tears faded just as quickly as they came. Because she created a sense of determination in her head. She could not settle until she faced him again.

A maid arrived about an hour later with a tray of food and a nervous look. Fortunate for Nova, by then she was off the floor and a lot more put together. The blonde girl seemed around 17 and was as skittish as a rabbit.

"My Lady, Thor has requested that food be brought to you. He also wanted me to inform you of his plans today as he will be away until this afternoon. I will be at your service if you need anything," the servant said with a small bow.

Nova cocked her head in complete confusion, why the hell was a girl treating her like royalty? It felt wrong.

Nova stood from her spot on the bed walking over to the tray of food, "Well my names Nova, and you don't have to bother with the formalities trust me where i'm from people hardly use manners," she said with a wink.

The blonde folded her hands in front of her lap letting a small smile fall onto her face.

"My name is Dalla."

Nova Lee pointed to the extravagant tray in front of her while popping a grape into her mouth, "Why don't you join me Dalla, I think there's a few things you could help me with."

Getting to know the pretty blonde was easier than Nova Lee thought. She told Nova of her parents life serving King Odin, she claimed that her family worked hard getting her the job of the royals maid. Although Nova still found it bizarre that a maid was waiting on hand and foot for people, she accepted that their world was a lot different than earth.

After some talking the wheels in Nova's head started spinning. What is something every girl loves doing? Makeovers. Which happened to be something that could benefit her in many ways. If she wanted to find Loki she would have to do some digging, which would mean leaving Thor's room. Of course she wouldn't get far with her stained freckle cheeks and cropped hair.

"Dalla?" Nova said with an innocent smile, "your people have such flawless skin and luminous hair, I will never be able to fit in here with these awful things!" She said moving her hand away from the girls long blonde locks to point to her cheeks.

Dalla scrunched her eyebrows in concern, "Oh your sun spots are so lovely. But they do make you rather noticeable, in a good way of course!" she paused looking around in thought. Her inviting green eyes then gleamed with excitement, "I have a great idea, wait right here."

When Dalla returned she had a box of powder and hair clips in her arms. As much as Nova hated being dolled up, she enjoyed the females presence after days of a fever. The blondes radiating energy vaguely reminded her of her friend May back at home. The thought made her insides twist but she instead focused on the Asgardian girl tugging at her hair.

"I heard that the King locked his own son away here on Asgard, is that true?" Nova asked after a while of Dalla humming silently.

"Oh yes!" she replied, "the people were awfully afraid of him after what he did on Midgard. I cannot believe how different the two Princes are."

Nova's mind wandered to the god's perfectly soft lips and strong arms. Her cheeks flushed at the thought so she continued digging, "Where do they put such troublesome men?"

"Oh Odin has vast prisons, surely the Prince would be contained in the cells in the cellar below the great hall. That's where most of the high criminals are located, how terrible that the God of Mischief..."

Nova blanked out on the rest of her words. The prison below the great hall. Would she be able to find that on her own? Nova figured the answer would lie in how well she could blend in.

Her questions were answered quickly, by the time she was done her skin was covered in a pale powder that masked all the evidence of her pesky freckles. As for her hair, it twisted and braided into curly bun at the base of her neck. It was a lot more elegant than she was used to but after seeing Dalla's complex hair braids she accepted it. Overall her appearance lacked any sign of earthly nature. She was an Asgardian now. Maybe, just maybe her plan would work after all.

"Dalla," she said breathlessly, "this is amazing."

Dalla you are a genius.

———

Imagine Dalla is Elle Fanning