▪°▪ three ▪°▪

"You never told me what your worst gift was," He said as we walked down the sidewalk.

It had started to snow alot more, the ground was almost covered, and the treetops were white. It was also very cold.

"Umm, let me think." I look at the ground, trying to remember all the gifts. "I remember getting alcohol one time," I say, slowly smile, wanting his reaction.

"AlcOHOL?!"

I let out a laugh, finding his voice crack funny.

"Yea, my mom was pissed."

"Who gave it to you??" He was looking very intensely at the side of my face.

"My uncle," I wheeze once I say it. Clay as well wheezing, looking back ahead of us. "I mean, it wasn't bad."

"You tried it?!"

I start to laugh, not saying anything else. He was still staring at me, very intensely. Yet I still don't speak, messing with him. 

I found the snow the most interesting thing at the moment. It was cool seeing snow. It was very cold as well. The ground looked as if it was painted white. The small crunching sound when I walked was soothing. But it was so cold. I didn't have much to keep myself warm, and my hands were freezing.

I decided to walk closer to clay, wanting to have his body heat. I guess he got the message because he wrapped him arm around me, rubbing up and down my arm. 

We didn't separate from eachother, finding eachother's warmth very needed. We walked to his house, pointing at some things that the snow had covered, catching the snow on our tongues, or making small comments on something in school.

I had gone to his house many times, and he's gone to mine many times. His mom was very sweet, and his dad was humorous. Clay's met my parents, and both of our parents sometimes hang out to just talk. So I wasn't nervous seeing his parents, or even walking in his house, I've done it before. One time I invited myself in, going to the pantry and taking goldfish because my mom had eaten all of them at my house. 

I could see his house in the distance, the bushes lining his house were white, the grass looked like it was replaced with white paint, and the roof was completely white.

We get to his front door, and I wait for him to unlock it. Once it's open, I'm greeted with a delightful smell. 

"What are you making?" Clay asks as he looks in the kitchen where his mom is.

Clay starts setting his bags down, getting the school stuff off him.

"I'm making brownies! They're Christmas brownies." She happily says, looking up and seeing me. "Oh hey Y/n, how are you doing? How's your mom?" She smiles at me.

I return my smile, being polite. "I'm doing good," I keep my voice soft, "my mom's getting stressed though, her job's making her work almost 16 hours everyday." 

"Yeesh," She makes a face, "I've been telling her to quit that job, she doesn't need that stress."

"Yea, I've been telling her too," 

She continues to make the brownie batter, and I can't help but salivate to the smell.

"Mom, we're gonna go to my room, if you need help with those, just call us down." He points to the brownies.

"Alright, you guys gonna study?"

"Yup,"

No.