▪°▪ one ▪°▪

I look out of the window, seeing the sky darker than usual. I zone out, eating my food, and partly tuning in to other people's conversations. Staring outside the window, I hear Clay's voice trying to catch all of the attention at our table.

"So check this out, parents are out of town over the weekend, Christmas party at my house?"

He had kept his voice slightly low, not wanting any unwanted attention from teachers or school mates.

I look around the table, Nick and George had already agreed, meanwhile Darryl and Zak think about it.

"I can't," Wilbur speaks.

"Me neither, I have to study," Fundy said after Wilbur.

I look back out the window, seeing little white flurries fall from the sky. It's snowing? In Florida? What?

"That's fine. Darryl, Zak? Y/n? Eret? Punz?" Clay looks at me as he says my name.

"I'll come but no naughty anything," Darryl says, receiving some chuckles and smiles.

"If Darryl's coming, I will too." Zak says, after hearing Darryl would be there.

"I'll be there." Eret's deep voice says.

"Y/n, you gotta come, it'll be lonely without you," Punz says, putting the spotlight on me. My cheeks become hot at the amount of eyes that are on me.

"I'll come," I say, returning my eyes outside.

I heard some cheering, which made me smile, yet I fall back into my own world. Why is it snowing? It's Florida, what the hell?

Although I love snow, I'm kinda confused. There was never a snow warning today, so why is it snowing? I don't mind though, I'd go outside and sit on the ground, letting the snow fall on me if I could.

A few minutes pass, me daydreaming of being in the snow, watching it fall from the sky, letting it land in my hair, watching it hit the ground. I realize I'm still at lunch, and there are other people here.

"Guys, you see the snow?" I ask the table.

They all become quiet, following my eyes to the big window to the right of us.

"Ouu, snow!" Darryl happily exclaims.

"Please tell me we'll be able to get out of school for this." Wilbur says as everyone else awes.

"I hope," I say, really wanting to end the day and go home.

Soon, the whole cafeteria was pointing out the snow. It was very loud, people were screaming about how we could maybe go home, or hoping it would last until the end of the day so they could play in it.