playing with fire

Y'all are gonna hate me for this.

-

March 25th, 2019 (6:56pm)

"I'm just saying, I think milk ice cream is such a weird concept because ice cream is made out of milk, so basically you're just eating frozen milk. What's the point?" Lisa repeated with a teasing smirk, while Jennie simply groaned and threw a cushion at her face.

Having successfully hit her in the mouth with the cushion, Jennie burst into laughter and Lisa soon joined her, erasing the pout that she had sported just two seconds ago.

Ever since that night of talking, Lisa hadn't been in Jennie's apartment. In fact, they hadn't interacted much outside of the classroom, mainly because the professor seemed rather distant with her; however, this time it was slightly different. Jennie didn't seem mad at her or anything – scratch that, nothing was actually the matter, which had made Lisa even more confused, but she attributed it to both being very busy, plus her injury.

Maybe Jennie was just being considerate. Yeah, that was it.

So, imagine her surprise when she received a call from Jennie that evening asking where she was and if she was busy. Lisa couldn't contain the face splitting grin and the excitement in her voice might've been a bit too obvious, because all Jennie said was a quick 'I'll pick you up' and hung up on her.

And here they were now: eating ice cream on the couch while having dumbass arguments over favorite foods and movies.

To be honest, Jennie didn't know why she had called her either – maybe she missed her? For whatever it's worth, she couldn't pinpoint it, but she wasn't happy with the idea either. Being affected by not seeing Lisa? Preposterous. Besides, Jennie knew she had some other... needs that needed fulfilling.

Maybe she was just horny. Yeah, that was it.

"Yah! You eat like a blind monkey!" Jennie complained. "You better not make a mess on my expensive sofa or I'm throwing you out the window. Remember this is a seventh floor" she threatened, narrowing her eyes and pointing her spoon at her.

"I'd like to see you try" Lisa countered, teasingly.

"Don't push it, Manoban"

"Fine" she stopped to think about what to say next. "What are all these papers, anyway? They can't be from school, you don't teach these many classes" she asked, gesturing to the stack of papers and thick books on the dining table away from them.

"They are from school, though" Jennie replied, casually. "I'm doing my PhD, remember?"

It dawned on her as the memories of their last conversation flashed in her mind like lightning.

"I thought it was an online course?" se queried, curiously.

"It is" Jennie shrugged. "But that doesn't mean I don't have to do some research and stuff. I can't just type whatever comes to my mind into the computer, you know? I need to write things down and have a physical visual before I can make a digital draft."

Lisa nodded. She was surprised just how alike they both were as students, yet so different as people.

Lisa had learned that Jennie, just like her, used to live in an apartment with her friends as roommates during college, and she also did plenty of extracurricular activities, as well as juggling in between part time jobs. And now, as a professional, she also juggled between two jobs and her PhD.

Lisa would lie if she said she wasn't impressed.

"I remember what Seulgi unnie said" she started and, as Jennie's face scrunched up in confusion, she had to contain her laughter before adding, "about you being a crime scene investigator before. You don't miss that? It sounds cool"