FINALE

A year later.

The rhythmic clashing of the waves against the shore felt like comforting music to her ears. The seagulls were flying and squeaking in the air, fighting over some dead fish, and the warm wind ruffled her long dark hair and onto her face, causing the person on her screen to giggle at her.

"Stop laughing" Lisa whined, still holding her phone in front of her face.

She was currently slouching on the beach, wriggling her toes in the sand and enjoying the serenity of her afternoon walk. Ever since they moved there, she had wanted to go on a walk on that particular beach on a secluded area of the island. It was mesmerizing. And on her way back from the post office she couldn't help herself to take a small detour and enjoy the landscape before her.

It was captivating.

"Did you get the package?" Rosé asked from the other side of the facetime call.

"Yeah" Lisa smiled, tapping her sling bag. "Right on time"

"I'm sure she will love it" Rosé chimed in with a genuine smile. "I thought it was a perfect idea when you told me about it."

"You thought it was cheesy and laughed in my face" Lisa deadpanned with a quirked eyebrow.

"But cheesy is totally you, so it's perfect" Rosé countered, amused.

Lisa simply rolled her eyes.

"Whatever" she said. "How's the little bean doing, by the way?"

"You mean the watermelon?" Rosé asked, pointing the camera down at her big protruding round belly. "He's doing alright. It's my bladder that's suffering" she added with an uncomfortable groan.

Lisa giggled at that, but she couldn't help to beam at the beautiful sight of her very pregnant best friend.

"I can't believe in just three weeks we'll get to meet the little guy" she cooed. "I hope we get to be there by then"

"I hope so too" Rosé said. "Although I'm dreading the birth in itself. It's going to tear me open like a Christmas present without the fun part."

Lisa cringed at the mental image but laughed heartily regardless. But when she noticed the time on the right corner of her screen, she realized she needed to be heading home soon.

"Sorry, Chaeng, I better get going now" she smiled apologetically.

"That's alright" Rosé replied, casually. "Have fun tonight"

"Oh we will" Lisa said with a mischievous smirk plastered on her face.

Rosé rolled her eyes at that.

"You're a pervert" she deadpanned. "Say hi to grumpy cat for me"

Lisa laughed at the endearment. If there was one thing her best friend and her girlfriend did all the time, was banter.

"I will. Bye, Chipmunk! Say hi to Chimchim" Lisa blew a kiss at the screen.

"Bye, Lisayah! Stay safe"

And the screen went blank again. But before Lisa could get up and leave, she hesitated for a moment before making a second call. With a shrug, she opted for it and pressed the phone to her ear as she heard the beep from the ongoing call.

"Hey, Lis! What's up" that raspy and familiar manly voice greeted her after a few rings.

"Hey, Tae" she replied, the hint of a smile gracing her features. "I'm sorry, did I wake you?"

"No, it's okay. I was just finishing a movie. And Tae? What happened to oppa? I'm older than you" he huffed from the other line. "Aish! These foreigners have no respect."