Chapter 28

Damian POV

At this point the blood was soaking through his tattered jeans and spilling onto the floor in sudden gushes when he tried to move. The skin around his wrist had been raw a few hours ago, but now the bonds around them had cut into his skin. He was stripped from the waist up and the new mark on his chest burned like a bitch, he tried to focus on the cuts in his legs as to draw his attention from his pounding head and his burned flesh.

The taste of iron filled his mouth and his split lips burned when he flicked his tongue over them. The room smelled of blood and broken hope. Not his but the many who had occupied this room before him, most of of which never left alive.

There was no sound other than the howling wind blowing in from the unreachable windows, Damian's own ragged panting breaths and the swoosh the whip made before it landed across his back.

He didn't dare open his mouth. He'd given them enough of his screams.

The first hour it had been breaking his fingers. The second shooting bullets into his legs. The third breaking two ribs on his left side.

After that they had sent in a medic to do the bear minimal. Just clean the wounds to prevent infection and stich them up so he wouldn't bleed out.

The fifth hour they had broken glass bottles onto his shoulders and the sixth taken the shattered remains and dragged them down his chest. The eight they had broken two more ribs making it near impossible to breathe and now currently in the ninth they were whipping his back with a leather whip.

Everything hurt.

They would be sending in a medic soon he knew but he was pretty sure he'd be passed out by then. He had passed out a few times over the last nine hours but for short periods of time since they shocked him awake.

He was on his knees with his hands bound above him. Blood spilled from everywhere and he had heard someone say that hour eleven they would be starting with his face though they had already hit him once or twice.

The whiping stopped and he felt relief for the barest of seconds. But then her face appeared and he wished it would start again so she'd go away.

Her lips curled into a cruel smile as she pretended to play the role of concerned mother.

"Have you changed your mind yet my son?" Talia asked in a sickly sweet voice. "I would hate for this torture to continue." she blinked innocently at him and if he could rip her heart out he would, but instead he settled for spitting blood on her face and snarling which earned him another whip. But it was worth it.

She glared at him only for it to be replaced with a smile.

"Wel then, I'll check in again in about six hours." Then she stood and swayed her hips as she walked out of the dimly lit room, her heels clacking against the cold stone as she wiped his blood off her face.

48 hours earlier

Camilla POV

Maybe marching into the boys locker room and yelling at the top of your lungs for everyone to get the hell out except for Damian Wayne was not one of the best plans she'd ever had.

She hadn't seen him all day since he had switched seats in math, didn't sit with them at lunch and refused to even make eye contact with her throughout the day. The bigger part of her had thought that he'd be the one to seek her out in secret and try to explain the situation but she had been wrong.

Rumors of a break up were already spreading around the school like wildfire and of course murmurs and curious looks had followed her around all day until she'd quite literally stopped and confronted everything she heard and glared at the people who stared at her until they looked away.