Chapter 34

Timothy POV

It was like that scene in a movie where one moment everyone was caught up in what they were doing and talking or fighting or kissing when suddenly all the heads turn like they could feel something about t happen, then a car comes barreling down the street and drives through a store window or something dramatic like that.

They had all been caught up in their battle, fighting and yelling and planning when suddenly everyone just stopped. Their heads turned and the crowd seemed to part just in time to see Damian burying his sword in his mother’s chest and go with her as she sank to her knees, one arm holding her upright around the waist.

The battle was forgotten and everyone grew silent. Damian whispered something to her that he couldn’t quite make out, then held her until her eyes fluttered shut. Her blood continued to spill all over his hands and clothes and body.

Tim thought it was a horrible thing. Any of the four men standing next to one another on the platform would have given anything to just hold their mothers one more time, to hear her voice, and Damian had just murdered his.

He wondered what it must’ve been like to grow

up with a mother so powerful like Talia, a mother who didn’t love her child.

Maybe that’s why Damian had hated Selina so much. He was afraid of having to come to terms with the fact that not all mothers were evil, and he could have a second chance with Bruce’s new wife if he wanted it.

Talia bled out and Damian didn’t get up for a long time. Just watched as her skin paled, like he couldn’t believe what he’d done.

But then he gently placed her body on the ground and slowly rose to his feet, completely expressionless. As one the assassins around him started to go down on their knees and bow their heads.

Tim clearly wasn’t the only one confused by this seeing as Jason broke the eerie silence only moments later.

“What the fuck?”

One or two assassins shot him dirty looks but he ignored them. Damian straightened his shoulders and finally raised his emerald eyes up to his brothers and father. “Talia is dead, which means the league falls to whoever is next in line.”

It felt as if he’d swallowed winter. Veins and muscles growing stiff and cold at the youngest empty gaze.

Damian was no longer the heir to the Demon’s head; He now was the Demons head.

Bruce had not uttered a single word.

The majority of the assassin’s were instructed to continue with what they had been informed to do. Others were sat at a large table around Damian in a sound proof room, discussing matters they were not allowed to hear.

The four of them were standing outside, waiting to hear what Damian was going to do. He didn’t think it would be wise to let a seventeen year old run a league of killers but he’d quickly learned that these people had some messed up morals and not to argue with them.

He wasn’t sure how long they stood there, but it felt like hours and hours before the door finally swung open and people came spilling out. Once what they assumed was the last person left, they carefully stopped into the room where only Damian was still seated at the head of the table.

His elbows were resting on the glass and his hands intertwined as he stared down at him. He looked lost and empty and it didn’t seem like he still had the energy to hide it. When he spoke his voice was hollow. “The league will be given to my team to run and maintain. It is no longer in the Alghul blood line though I will still be able to regain control if it is ever necessary.”