Chapter 9

Damian POV

By the time breakfast had rolled around Camilla and Damian were acting normal again. Neither one had forgotten what happened but neither one brought it up.

Damian wasn't exactly sure what happened. They held hands, was it that big of a deal? He guessed it was, he's read books where holding someone's hand for the first time was like signing a marriage certificate. He had the feeling it wasn't the case for them.

Did it mean she liked him? Did he like her?

His thoughts were interrupted when his father walked passed him to his seat at the head of the table and slammed a yellow package in front of him. Camilla jumped from across from him.

"Happy birthday Damian." Bruce said as he sat down. They were the only three at the table.

"My birthday was last week, father." he commented.
Bruce shrugged and started leaning towards the package. "If you don't want -" Damian grabbed the thing before his father could take it back. Bruce smirked.

Damian opened the package noticing how Cami was watching him. Inside were a bunch of documents that he slipped out and scanned through.

"Everything you'll need is there, just give it to them at the office." Bruce said and that's when Damian realized that he was holding his school transfer papers.

He glanced down at his uniform. "I don't have to wear this again?" he asked

Bruce shook his head, smiling.

"Thank you, father. I have to go change." Damian said as he rose, he noticed the confused look on his friends face.

"It's transfer papers, for your school." he answered her unspoken question.

Her face lit up and Damian couldn't help but smile. "Oh that's awesome, thank you Mister Wayne." she said grinning.

Damian disappeared up the stairs and into his room and stripped out of the stupid uniform. At first he was going to wear his usual black but then he decided that if Cami had to wear her new clothes then so did he. He slipped on the tight white long sleeved shirt and light blue jeans with black trainers.

When he got back into the dining room his three brothers were already there. Jason was standing behind his father's chair reading some newspaper article over his shoulder, he glanced up at Damian and dropped his coffee mug, breaking it.

"Master Jason!" Alfred scolded. Jason stared at Damian a second later and everyone followed his gaze to the unimpressed boy standing in the doorway.

"Sorry Alfred all clean it." Jason mumbled as he got to his knees but still glanced up at Damian every few seconds as he picked up the glass.

"Hey, the demon isn't wearing black." Tim was the first to break the silence.

"I didn't know you owned anything that wasn't dark." Dick mused, his eyes glinting.

Camilla smiled like she was proud of herself. "He didn't, I took him shopping yesterday."Bruce said nothing, only raised and eyebrow.

Damian rolled his eyes. "We're going to be late."

Camilla said her goodbyes to all the Wayne's at the table then followed Damian to the garage where his car was. Damian never commented on the music she played in the car. He liked most of it, it normally had a good beat.

They didn't talk during the drive but instead listened to some guy sing about a girl and how he wished he was the one she talked about in all her stories.

" I hope we have a few classes together." she said as they drove onto school grounds.

"Wow everyone is staring at us." he could tell she was nervous in the way her voice lowered.