Chapter 18

Damian POV

His eyes were pinched shut so tight it was giving him a splitting headache but he would not open them. His hand was slick with warm blood and his thigh burned where the knife had been driven into it by his own hand.

He sat with his back against the wall in the plains bathroom breathing hard. His meeting had been in two parts, one on the Friday that lasted about six hours and one on Saturday that lasted almost nine. He hadn't gotten a proper night's sleep the entire week and his mind was starting to remind him of that. He thought it would be fine but of course the universe hated him and he had started having hallucinations again. It was Sunday and he was currently flying over Gotham city and would soon be landing at the airport. He hadn't gotten a proper night's sleep the entire week since he had spent most of his time at Titan tower avoiding people, going on missions and non stop training of course. So the instead of just passing out like a normal person would at his state of exhaustion he had a hallucination.
A woman who he had taken her sight from at a young age as requested by his grandfather. It got to the stage where he had started having a panic attack and had to ground himself by taking one of the knifes he had packed and driving it through his thigh.

He could breathe again.

The knock at his door sounded like gunshots and he flinched suddenly being grateful that he had locked it. He was aware of the sweat glistening his skin and his expensive suit which was now covered in blood.

The meetings had gone better than he expected, it had taken a while to convince them to renew the contract in different parts of the country and of course he had pressed his luck and risked everything when he insisted that he would cut the entire organization and no longer do business with them if they didn't double the amount of cities that sold Wayne tech which would double profits.

"Mister Wayne we will be landing soon. Can I ask you to come take a seat?" the vioce of the shy flight attendant traveled through the wall.

Damian grabbed the edge of the basin and hailed himself up, he nearly slipped as his hand left red fingerprints on the white marble.

"Give me a minute." his vioce was firm though the sharp pain in his leg was starting to get worse.

Luckily he had taken the bag with his spare change of clothes in and placed it in the small bathroom as he always did when he was on a flight. He grabbed the first aid kit in the concealed cupboard that his dad insisted on placing in every private jet they owned.

Of course the medical supplies were far more complex than regular supplies but it was Batman what did you expect?

He stripped his bloody jeans and bandaged his leg before changing into the others and striding out of the bathroom hiding his limp and taking his seat on the million dollar plane.

...

It was seven pm when he stepped through the doors of Wayne manor with his duffel bag over his shoulder and his case in his right hand. The drive through Gotham had been deadly quiet. It hadn't been Alfred to drive him home but instead someone who worked for the company and was trying to get on their good side. The young man had pestered an already irritated Damain by asking questions about his life and the company in mock interest as if he thought that Damain only wanted someone to talk to.

His babbling had ended 10 minutes later when Damain told him to shut up because the sound of his vioce was enough to drive a heard of Elephants off a cliff.

He climbed the stairs with his one bag slung over his shoulder and the other in his hand, he was so focused on his slight fatigue he didn't even hear the vioces until he was standing outside of the dining room and staring at the cause of them. Alfred was the first to notice him as he was pushing in a tray of dinner for the people at the table which were only two.