Chapter Ten - Nightmares

I stared quickly at the man who was happily munching on his food. He was big with red troll hair that stuck up in many places. His outfit suggested that of royalty. But that didn't matter.

I stood behind him holding chains. One that was going to hold him down to Tartarus forever. Even if I didn't know what Tartarus was, it sounded pretty bad.

The air around us was tense full of dread. The man had his back turned to me as he shivered feeling the tense atmosphere. He finally turned around and his eyes widened in fright.

"O-Oh Thanatos!" The king exclaimed closing his eyes to smile at me.

It was that name again. Thanatos. It must be the male's voice that came from me last time.

My body flinched as suspicion arose in my chest. My eyes narrowed to observe the troll man closely.

"King Sisyphus." The male's voice acknowledged as it gripped the silver cuffs tighter. "Its time for your death."

King Sisyphus kept his smile up as he got up from his seat and got closer to me. "Really? But do you mind if I see those cuffs of yours?"

"Why?" Thanatos questioned sounding suspicious.

"I mean I can just see the craftsmanship from here," Sisyphus responded looking down at the cuffs in my hands.

"Uh-"

"Look at all the details." Sisyphus continued to gush on about the chains. He grabbed the chains that connected the two cuffs. "What are these made of?"

Confusion swept my body at this king who didn't at all seem concern about his untimely demise. Instead, he was fascinated with the handcuffs that were made for him. Sisyphus picked up the cuffs, not at all scared of his fate.

Why isn't he scared? Why isn't he trying to resist?

"And look how easy they snap on." A metallic clicking noise interrupted my thoughts as I looked down at my wrist. The cuff was snapped onto it.

"Wha-"

Another metallic click. I stared at my other cuffed wrist.

Before my brain could understand what happened Sisyphus yanked the chained in between both cuffs forcing me to follow after him. Thanatos let out a grumble of curses at the king as he lead me down a hallway all the way to a bedroom.

He lead me to a small chest that had its lid open to reveal an empty chest. My heartbeat quicken as I nervously took a step back. It was so small, it would be suffocating in there. Sisyphus tugged the chain yanking me forward. I tripped over my own feet as my arms and head landed in the small chest.

Something touched my feet making me jump in surprise. "Well, this is the end Death."

The last thing I saw as Sisyphus shoved me into that chest was his grinning face before the whole world became black and a sharp pain erupted from my side.