Chapter Six - Butterflies

"'Menelaus son of Atreus now came to know that Patroclus had fallen'." I paused as my vision was covered.

"Kid, you okay?" Thalia asked though she didn't sound concerned, she sounded relieved.

My cheeks felt small tingles as (f/c) covered my eyes. "Yeah," I mumbled furrowing my eyebrows confused. I blinked my eyes as something soft hit them. Reopening my eyes revealed my book with a (f/c) winged butterfly resting on it. It was a small one as it barely covered the page it landed on. "How do you make butterflies go away?"

"Just shoo it away," Thalia responded making me look towards her. She was leaning against her pine tree, or her body, looking upwards. Her blue eyes seemed distant as she looked towards the sky. I frowned at her expression feeling a bit bad for her.

It's only been a day since I've arrived at Camp Half-Blood. I was supposed to be training with the wooden swords that rested at my feet. But today everyone, including Luke, was playing Capture the Flag. Luke and Chiron both thought it was a good idea if I didn't play since the other kids would most likely trample me. I didn't really mind.

I turned back to the butterfly who was staring at me with its little beady black eyes. "Shoo," I said waving my hand at it. Instead of flying away, it placed one of its black legs onto my hand making me stop. I couldn't harm the little insect. It took advantage of my still hand and started to attached its other limbs onto my hand. It climbed up my hand leaving a tingling sensation in its wake. I could only star in fascination as it crawled over my arm.

Insects have never really bothered me. They usually run off when I'm nearby which makes mommy mad especially when there are cockroaches and mice since she can't find them once they run away. Most animals usually run off after one look my way.

"It didn't leave," I said as the butterfly arrived on my covered shoulder. Its (f/c) wings fluttered as it turned in a circle. "And it's acting strange."

Thalia sighed again. "He won't harm you, it's just a butterfly." She told me. "You should be more worried about Hector."

"The one who killed Patroclus?" I asked looking back down at my book in concern. "He doesn't seem so bad compared to Aga."

Thalia chuckled a bit. "Yeah, he doesn't." She agreed. "Just keep reading."

"(F/N)!" A voice shouted from behind Thalia's tree. I looked upwards. Thalia's eyes were wide as she pressed her back more against the bark of her tree.

"Over here!" I called out turning to peer around Thalia's tree. Annabeth stood a few feet away looking at Thalia's tree. She had her blonde hair tied in a ponytail and her chest was covered in bronze armor.

Annabeth's silver eyes looked down at me seeming a bit confused. "What are you doing so far from camp?" She asked slowly approaching me.

I shrugged shooting Thalia a quick glance. She was more focused on peering around her tree to look at Annabeth. "Its just quieter here," I responded. The camp was loud especially the Aphrodite cabin who were cheering on different people. It got confusing after a while as they argued over who was hotter.

"Yeah, it is." Annabeth agreed as she stood next to Thalia's tree. She shot the piece of nature a quick look before looking back at me. "We better get back to camp. Luke is worried about you." She said holding out a hand for me.

I closed The Illiad tucking the book under my arm and used my free one to grabbed Annabeth's. She pulled me up to my feet with ease.

"Who won?" I asked curiously looking at Thalia who was still leaning against her tree, arms crossed over her chest.