Chapter Three - The Big House

I watched Thalia silently as she looked at Luke who had walked farther into the woods. Her fist was clenched tightly with a faraway look on her face.

"I died protecting my friends," Thalia said breaking the small silence. "And now I'm being used to protect others as well."

My gaze drifted to the pine tree that Thalia leaned on. "You're under the tree?" I questioned confused.

Thalia scoffed. "My body is the tree." She responded not daring to look away from way Luke walked away.

"Your soul is tied to the tree," I concluded. Thalia looked at me confused. "Most spirits are like that."

Thalia opened her mouth only to be interrupted. "(F/N)!" It was Luke.

Thalia scoffed leaning deeper onto her tree. "Good luck kid." She said as I walked past her to follow Luke. "Hopefully your not his daughter."

I paused turning around to face the tree ghost but she was already gone. "Oh," I mumbled to myself as I rubbed my eyes. I wonder what she meant by that? More importantly, what did she mean by protecting others as well? What was she protecting them from?

I didn't get to ponder long before Luke appeared again looking slightly concerned. "Come on we better get going."

I nodded following after him blindly. My gut twisted comfortably as I allowed Thalia's words to settle in my brain. What exactly is this camp? Mommy mentioned it was full of people like me but Luke couldn't see Thalia. The only thing we have in common is being dyslexic. Luke mentioned everyone at camp is dyslexic because of our godly heritage.

A camp for demigods. What would want to harm a half-human and half-god hybrid?

"Luke," I called out making the blonde look at me. "What do we need protecting from?"

Luke stopped making me stop as well to look up at the older kid. He was looking at the ground with a conflict look. Eventually, he sighed kneeling down to my height to make eye contact.

"Okay, were half-human and half-god," Luke told me. I nodded to show him I understood that part. "Monsters, dangerous ones like to eat us because we have some divine blood and were weak compared to the actual gods."

"Monsters?" I repeated quietly. "Like dragons?"

"Yeah," Luke said sounding apologetic while keeping on a serious look.

My stomach twisted uncomfortably with the new information. Gods and monsters were real. And the monsters like to eat demigods because they're weak. I'm a demigod. "That means monsters are going to chase after me?"

Luke didn't respond as his lip was in a straight line. It was the silence that gave me an answer. "Usually monsters can't find you until your thirteen unless you have a strong godly parent." He added trying to make me feel better.

"Who's the strongest god?" I questioned silently hoping they weren't my parent.

"Zeus," Luke responded sounding annoyed. "Then its Poseidon and Hades. But their children are rarer compared to others."

That means a strong possibility they arent my parent. "Who's your godly parent?"

I immediately regretted asking when I noticed Luke narrowed his eyes into a glare. "Hermes god of thieves." He said in distaste getting to his feet. "Come on."

I obeyed not daring to ask any more questions. Luke looked a bit scary. He doesn't like his father. I wonder why?

It wasn't long when we found ourselves in a camp. There were cabins, a pavilion, a place with stone bleachers, and a climbing wall with lava at the top. All the campers were different as well of different ages, skin colors. I noticed one kid who seemed to be around my age.