Chapter Two -Tree Girl

"I almost thought you wouldn't show up." A blonde boy said once he spotted Mommy and me.

Mommy sighed irritatedly as she rubbed her forehead with her free hand. "I wouldn't have but knowing Chiron he would just keep coming back until I gave in." She told him. "But I have to agree with him shes getting older and it's getting worse."

I stayed silent obediently holding onto my Mommy's hand tightly. My free hand was holding onto the strap of my (F/C) backpack.

The boy was older than by a few years. He even looked older than Percy. He had sandy blonde hair and blue eyes. He wore an orange t-shirt and shorts The feature that stood out the most was the scar under his left eye that went to his chin.

But that's not what caught my attention. Nope, it was the scenes playing behind him.

One of him falling into a black liquid only to explode.

One of him being consumed by a bright light only for the light to fade and replaced nothing.

Another one of him stabbing himself in the armpit and falling to the ground while looking proud.

"(F/N)." I blinked a bit before rubbing my eyes. All the scenes disappeared from behind the boy. "Sorry, she's still a bit tired."

I looked up to see Mommy giving the boy an apologetic smile. He just shocks it off before kneeling down in front of me with a smile.

"My name is Luke Castellan." He introduced himself holding a hand out to me.

I stared at his hand before reaching out to grab it. His hand weren't soft instead they were rough. But I didn't mind because they were warm too. "(F/N) (L/N)." I mumbled quietly feeling a bit shy around this stranger well I guess he wasn't a stranger anymore.

"Luke is going to be taking care of you," Mommy said as I took my hand away from Luke's bigger one. "So, be a good girl and don't get into any trouble."

"I won't," I assured Mommy with a small smile. She returned it before dropping onto a knee to give me a hug. I eagerly returned it leaning my head onto her shoulder.

"Have fun sweetie." She said pressing a quick kiss to my cheek making me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. She pulled away to look into my eyes so I knew she was serious. "And if anything happens remember I'll always be there for you."

I nodded. "I know Mommy." I smiled backing from her as she got to her feet. She dusted off her pants and sent Luke a sharp glare.

"If anything happens to her tell Chiron I'll personally shave and brand him." She threatened making Luke flinched clearly unsettled by the threat.

"O-Of course." The blonde said. Mommy huffed in pride ruffling my hair.

"Don't forget to write. Goodbye, sweetie." She gave me a final smile before heading back to her black car.

Luke and I watched her leave. I waved at the small black car till it disappeared from sight. My smile faded as I watched her go. A weird uncomfortable feeling settled in my chest as the reality set in. Mommy was gone, and I was in a new environment with new people.

People like me.

I turned to look at Luke who was looking at the sky with a small glare. "Are you okay?" I asked quietly gaining the older blonde's attention.

"Yeah come on we better get back soon." He smiled gently at me. I returned it feeling already feeling comfortable with him. He did remind me a bit of Percy after all. But I didn't trust him his blue eyes seemed distant like he hiding something. It didn't help with the scenes of his death that seemed to change. "Did your Mommy tell you anything about camp?" Luke asked as he headed to the woods.