Chapter Eight : A Dark Future

"And that's why Persephone should not go to the Underworld this year." I stared at the blonde woman prefer looking down at my book and flipping to the P section.

"We shall consider it Demeter." I paused a bit disgruntled as I shut the book.

A finger poked my side. I glanced at Luke who sat on my right side. He was pointing at the god with dark skin and a metal brace on his leg. The god was wearing an apron while fiddling with a small device in his hands looking rather disinterested in the big meeting. Well, most of the gods looked disinterested in this meeting.

I nodded reopening my book.

"Why must you do this every year?" The god that sat in a rather lame chair compared to the others complained.

Demeter glared at the god looking really annoyed. "I would not have to bring it up if you hadn't stolen my daughter."

I looked at the male god he was wearing a dark cloak. He had straight black hair and dark eyes. Unlike the other gods who had beautifully decorated thrones. He sat in a foldable chair looking extremely uncomfortable in it.

I flipped to the H section of my book. My finger landed on Hades. Tapping Luke's side he looked at me. I pointed at the name Hades before pointing at the annoyed god.

Luke nodded forcing a small smile before looking back at the meeting. That's two gods so far, just ten more.

"Zeus stole a lot more women than I," Hades mumbled loudly.

The gods and goddesses all reacted differently. One goddess looked mad as she did her best to keep her calm. Another god, who looked oddly familiar, held his mouth amusement twinkling in his sea-green eyes. But most of the gods and goddesses just looked bored at the bickering between the two.

I looked back at the god Luke pointed out to me. I just needed to figure out his name.

"Mr.Muffin," I whispered watching as my (f/c) butterfly landed on my book. He crawled over the page stopping at the name Hephaestus.

I smiled poking Luke's side to get his attention. I pointed at the name. Luke nodded confirming my discovery. He then pointed at Ares who was smirking at a beautiful goddess who sat on the other side of the room. She was smiling back.

I rolled my eyes flipping to the A section of the book. I pointed at his name to which Luke nodded at. He pointed at the god that looked vaguely familiar with sea-green eyes. I tilted my head noticing his throne had a fishing net on it.

"Oh," I mumbled flipping to the P section. I pointed at the name Poseidon.

"Let's get back to the purpose of this meeting." A goddess who looked like Annabeth suggested looking annoyed.

"Athena." I frowned. "Is right Dionysius how has Camp Half-Blood been?"

The god in question frowned looking annoyed by the question. "Boring and dull as usual," Mr.D responded with no enthusiasm.

Luke nodded at me confirming my suspicions about Poseidon. I flipped to the D section pointing at Dionysius. Luke gave me a fake pout as he ruffled my head.

I giggled at the action. Luke smiled back at me.

"I see." The dark-haired god wearing a suit nodding smiling smugly at Mr.D clearly enjoying himself. "Hermes how is traveling for you?"

Hermes glanced up from his phone clearly tuning out this entire thing. "Good but Zephyrus has been making the wind a bit harder lately."

I flipped through my book going to the Z section. Zephyrus was the god of the west wind.