Chapter 6

Chapter 6
"Astrid?" She looked up to see her friend. Tuffnut. Astrid was waiting for him in a place only the two of them would hang out there. Sometimes Ruffnut would join them, but mostly it was them only. It was their high school background. Astrid stood up and smiled. She hugged him, But shortly after he lifted her up and spun her around. "I missed you." Tuffnut said, putting her back to ground. "And I missed you, muttonhead." Astrid said. Tuffnut wrapped his arm around her shoulder, as they sat on gigantic box. "Where have you been, for six years?" Tuffnut asked. "Out of town. College. Worked for two years as journalist. I came back yesterday only." She answered and shrugged. "I remember you had a twin sister, where is she?" "Well something common between you two, she's a journalist. She's out of town." Tuffnut said. "Have you talked to Heather?" "She hates me." Astrid looked at him. "I remember the day I was leaving. She told me that right in front of my face." "She was hurt. It's been six years. She probably forgot." Tuffnut said and held her hand. "I did pretty awful things, I doubt that." Astrid said. "Talking as your best friend, probably. She will." Tuffnut said. "First, of course you are my best friend, dummy." She said and elbowed his arm. "Second, I left her all alone, without a text, for six years and had a baby-" "Excuse me?!" Tuffnut exclaimed, making Astrid wince. "Right, I never told you." Astrid said. "I had a baby girl five years and eight months ago. Zephyr." Astrid waited for his out burst. "Pictures. Show me." Tuffnut said. "What?" Astrid said, confused. "Show me her pictures." Tuffnut said. Astrid unlocked her phone and entered her gallery. She gave him her phone. "Shut up. This is a small version of you, but more beautiful than you." Tuffnut said. "And her reddish brown hair. She's so beautiful." "Yeah, she got that from her father, even though her father's hair is darker." Astrid said. "Hiccup?" Tuffnut asked and she nodded. "But why didn't he tell us about her?" Tuffnut asked and handed Astrid cellphone back. "He never knew about her until today. He also hates me. Pretty much everyone will hate me after what I did." Astrid said. "I won't. Tell me why, though. If you want to." Tuffnut said. Astrid smiled softly. "Right after our high school graduation, I found out that I'm pregnant. That day on the cafe. Hiccup and I fought, and I broke up with him. I told him I'm going to abort the baby, technically I didn't lie. After two days after I left town and at the same week I booked to a local clinic that was around the place mom and I were living. At the last minute I chickened out. Which thankfully I did." She explained, as her fingers traced a spot on the wall which had Ruffnut's, Tuffnut's and her name. "Damn. Why didn't you call or at least text?" Tuffnut asked. "I don't know. But I regret it." Astrid said. "I never felt guilty about leaving town, but when Hiccup told me how he felt about not knowing about Zephyr. It killed me. I felt like a monster. No, I feel like a monster." "You did mistake by leaving, but it's not too late to fix it." Tuffnut said, putting a hand on her shoulder. She smiled and leaned her head on his shoulder. She sighed and stood up, walking away. "You wanna meet Zephyr in person?" Astrid asked. "Of course. Duh." Tuffnut said and followed her.