Chapter 5

Astrid stepped out of her house and closed the door behind her. "What?" Astrid asked, hoping she heard wrong. "I said is Zephyr mine?" Hiccup asked, but more dangerously. Astrid stayed silent. "I take that as a yes?" Hiccup said. Astrid nodded. "She is." Hiccup scoffed. "Does she know that I exist?" Hiccup asked. "I never told her about you." Astrid answered, looking at him. "Why would you do that to her, to me?" Hiccup asked. He sounded really hurt. "How could you? Because of you I never got to hold her when she was first born. Because of you I never got to hear her first words. Because of you I never got to see her first steps. Because of you I never got to take her to school on her first day. Because of you and your damn selfish decisions!" "How could've I known that you'd never us or at least her?" Astrid asked, angrily. "Cut the crap, Astrid. I begged you to stay. I'm not your dad, but I guess blood is really thicker than water." Hiccup said angrily. Astrid stared at him. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "You figured out that you have a daughter? Good. Now, get out of here before I forget that you are the father of my kid, which I wish you weren't and call the cops." Astrid said. "I'm not going anywhere, before I see my daughter." Hiccup said. "No you're not." Astrid said, rubbing her temples. "Please just leave." Hiccup stood still. "Hiccup, Zephyr's five. She is new to town. This is beyond her capacity." Astrid said. "Will you try and talk to her about me?" Hiccup asked. She nodded. "Okay." Hiccup left her. Astrid got in and saw her daughter, drawing on the dining table. She putted a smile on her face and sat next to her daughter. "Show me what you're drawing." Astrid said. Zephyr shook her head. "When it's done I will." She said. "Please." "No." "Okay, then. But mommy should go now. I have somethings to do and I'll be back later. Be good to grandma." Astrid said and kissed Zephyr's head. "Where are you going, Astrid?" Ingrid asked, wiping her wet hands with the apron on her. Astrid took her jacket. "Meeting some old friends." She said and walked to the door. "By the way, who were at the door?" Ingrid asked, walking behind Astrid. Astrid looked at her daughter, who was busy with drawing. "Hiccup." Astrid whispered. "He knows about Zephyr." "How?" Ingrid whispered back. "Zephyr met him in the park and he saw me with her and it doesn't really take a genius to figure it out." Astrid said, coldly, but kept her voice down. "Mom, Zephyr and I weren't supposed to be back. We could've stayed out of town, but we're back because you wanted that." "Astrid, you're not doing the right thing. You did a huge mistake six years ago. Don't repeat it again. For Zephyr." Ingrid said. "I'm telling you this because I'm your mother and I love you." "I love you too, mom." Astrid said and hugged her mother. "Now, off you go." Ingrid said, pushing Astrid off her. "I want to spend time with my favorite granddaughter." "I'm your only granddaughter!" Zephyr said. Ingrid laughed. "See you later, baby." Astrid said.