Chapter 4

"Zeph! Would you hold up for a second?" Astrid asked her 5 year old daughter who running to the ice cream cart in the park. "Oof!" Zephyr crashed into some guy. "Whoa, little girl. Slow down." The guy said as he knelt down. "What's your name, little girl?" "Zephyr." She answered. "What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl." The guy answered. "Where are your parents?" "Mommy was right behind me." Zephyr said and looked back and she saw her mother running to her. "There she is." The guy looked at her mother. His breath hitched. Could it be after all these years? "Zephyr." Astrid said and opened her arms. "What did I tell you about running around?" Zephyr ran to mother's arm and Astrid picked her up. "Sorry mommy." Zephyr said. Astrid looked at guy. "This is.." Zephyr said, but she didn't really know his name. "Hiccup." Hiccup introduced himself, but to Zephyr. Astrid face expression changed. She cleared her throat. "Thank you, Hiccup." Astrid said, firmly. Hiccup didn't give her any second glance. "Nice to meet you, miss Zephyr." Hiccup said and bowed. Zephyr giggled. "Nice to meet you too, mr Hiccup." She replied. Hiccup went away to his car leaving them behind.
Flashback
"I'm having an abortion." Astrid said bluntly. "Is that what you want?" Hiccup asked. Astrid nodded, looking at the wall of her room. "Okay then. What about us?" Hiccup asked. "There's no us. We're over." Astrid said. "You don't mean that. Astrid please." Hiccup said. "I do. It's over, Hiccup." Astrid said. Hiccup inhaled sharply. "Get out." Astrid said.
Wait. Astrid said she had aborted their baby, but what if she didn't? What if she lied? The next day after Astrid broke up with him 6 years ago, she left town. Could that mean Zephyr was his daughter. Hiccup started thinking of the possibility. Zephyr looked like 5 or 6 year old kid. That'd be his and Astrid's baby age. His head started spinning. He pulled over at the side of the road. He knew that he had to ask Astrid. He took a full U-turn and went back to the park. He searched for Astrid in every inch of the park, but didn't find her. He figured that she went back to her house. He thought to go to her mother's house, which he did. He knocked at the door. The door opened and revealed the girl he loved. No, he used to. "What are you doing here?" Astrid asked. "Is Zephyr my daughter?"