Last chapter

2 years later.
"Hi, nuff." Astrid cooed and showered her one year and three months old son, Nuffink, with kisses. Her little boy giggled. "Mama." "Did you play with nana?" Astrid asked. "He didn't trouble you, did he?" She asked her mom. "Please, this little man is as good as an angel. He ate, played with nana, then slept until three hours ago." Her mom answered her. Astrid smiled. "How about we go get Zephyr?" Astrid asked, making Nuffink's face light up. "Zay-Zay!" Nuffink said and giggled. "Yes, zay-zay." Astrid chuckled. "See you, mom." Astrid said, taking Nuffink's bag. "Bye honey." Ingrid said. "Say, bye nana." Astrid cooed slightly. "Bye, bye." Nuffink cooed, waving at his nana. "Talking, but no first steps huh." Astrid mumbled and sighed. "Oh, you took your time too." Ingrid said. "He's just taking his time." Astrid smiled. "Bye mom." Astrid said. She walked to her car and sat her son on his seat, clasping his seatbelt. Astrid started the car and drove away from her mother's house. When her phone started ringing,she answered it since it was Bluetooth connected to the car. "Hey." Astrid said. "Hey, milady." Hiccup said through the phone. "Dada!" Nuffink said and clapped his little hands, giggling. "Yes, baby. That's dada." Astrid said. "Hi Nuffink." Hiccup said, making Nuffink giggle more. "You okay?" Astrid asked, still smiling of her son's giggles. "Yeah, just tired." Hiccup said. "You haven't slept recently." Astrid said. "How about you come home in your next break and take a nap?" "I don't think I-" he was cut off by his own yawn, "will be able to." Hiccup finished. "Where are you, now?" Hiccup asked. "On my way to pick Zephyr up from Layla's house." Astrid said, her eyes never leaving the road. "Hmm. She'll be legit mad at me since I was the one who was supposed to pick her up. I'm sorry, you're probably tired too." Hiccup said. "It's fine. Try coming home early?" Astrid said, biting her lip worryingly. "I will. Love you. Love you Nuffink." Hiccup said. "Love you." Astrid said to her husband. "Bye." Astrid said. "Bye bye, dada." Nuffink said. "Bye." Hiccup said and hang up. Astrid sighed. They got married a year ago last week, which still sometimes feels surreal. It was a small ceremony between family and friends. She parked her car in front of her daughter's friend house. She picked Nuffink, who was totally passed out in his seat since it was around his nap time. She rang the bell. The door opened. "Mommy!" Zephyr said, hugging her mom's waist. "Hi." Astrid said and chuckled. "Had fun?" Astrid asked. Zephyr nodded. "Daddy couldn't come, could he?" She asked. "He couldn't, but he really wanted to." Astrid said. "I know." Zephyr said. "See you at school, Layla." She hugged her friend and exited with her mom. "How was your sleepover?" Astrid asked, as she drove away. "Fine." Zephyr said shortly. "That's it and I thought you had a lot of adventures." Astrid said. "Did you not have fun?" "I did. It's just I was really looking forward for dad to pick me up." Zephyr said. "You two had plans?" Astrid asked, even though she exactly knew that they had. Zephyr shrugged. "It doesn't matter anymore." Zephyr said, ending the conversation. "You know your brother was really excited to see you, he really missed you." Astrid said. Zephyr hummed and smiled slightly. "I missed him too." She said. The rest of the drive was quite. As Astrid parked her car, a certain car caught her eye making her smile. She picked her son up and his and herself's bag. Astrid unlocked the door. They saw a six foot one person passed out on the couch. "I'm gonna put your brother in his bed. Give me your bag, I'll put it in your room on my way. Wake your dad up and tell him to go upstairs or he'll start whining the rest of the day of how his neck hurts." Astrid said. "Okay mom." Zephyr said and gave her the bag. Astrid left upstairs. "Dad?" Zephyr said slightly. No response. "Dad?" She said again shaking his shoulder slightly. "Hmm. Yes?" Hiccup said and sat up immediately. "Mom tells you to go upstairs or you'll whine about your neck." Zephyr said. "What? I won't." Hiccup said, rubbing his face. "Her words not mine." She said. "I'm sorry for not picking you up. I was thinking we could go to the arcade right now." Hiccup said. "You're tired dad. It's fine, it's not the end of the world. We can go another day." Zephyr said. "Now you sound a lot like your mother, which makes me more guilty." Hiccup mumbled. "Where is she by the way?" "Putting Nuffink in his bed. He slept during the ride." Zephyr said. "Oh." Hiccup said. "Go to sleep dad." Zephyr said. "We'll go another day when you're not busy." Zephyr said. "Go dad." She started pulling his hand in attempt of trying to make him stand. He stood up, making her almost lose her balance. "Are you sure? I don't mind if we went to the arcade right now." Hiccup said. "I do." Zephyr said, trying to push her dad towards the stairs. "I can walk on my own. No need of pushing, thank you very much." Hiccup said, sarcastically. He walked up the stairs, kissing Astrid's cheek as she was climbing down the stairs. "Get some sleep, honey." Astrid said. "Yeah, yeah." Hiccup said and yawned. Astrid got to her daughter. "What do you want to do?" Astrid asked. Zephyr shrugged. "Do you want to play some uno?" Astrid asked. Zephyr excitedly nodded. "Go get them." Astrid said and smiled. She took her phone as it started vibrating in her pocket. "Umm hello?" Astrid said. "This is a call from Victor Ellison from Berk's jail. Do you accept the charges?" Whoever man it was asked. Astrid froze. That was her dad. "Y-Yes." She stammered and cleared her throat.
Year and half ago.
"I'm not going with you." Nadia said. "I know I'm not asking you to. I can never do that to you." Astrid said. "Then why you're telling me that?" Nadia asked dryly. Astrid placed her hand on her six month pregnant belly. "I just wanted to ask you, should I and go visit that man?" Astrid asked. "Don't ask me, 'cause my answer will be no. You know why? Victor killed my mom because I came out as lesbian. He tortured me and my mom, but again you need some closure." Nadia said. "You know what Astrid, do whatever suits you. I should go, I have exams tomorrow. See you." Nadia said and opened the door. Astrid bit her lower lip. The next day, she and Hiccup went to the jail. "Do you want me to come in with you?" Hiccup asked. "No." Astrid said and shook her head. "I just need a minute." Hiccup held her hand and  brought it to his lips. "Take your time." Hiccup said, making Astrid smile. She took a couple of deep breaths. "Okay." Astrid said and opened the door of Hiccup's car. She got out of the car. She walked to the gate as one of the guards opened the door. "Hi, umm I wanted to visit Victor Ellison." Astrid said, to the woman who was sitting on her chair. "Relation?" The woman asked. "His daughter. Astrid Hofferson." She said. "ID please." The woman asked. "Yeah sure." Astrid said and gave her what the woman was asking for. "Put your belongings in the basket and go through the scanner." Astrid subconsciously placed her hand on her belly and did what she was asked to do. She took a sticker that had her name on it with the word "visitor" on it. Astrid plastered it on her jacket that she was wearing. She was escorted to an empty room. She sat behind the glass and kept bouncing her legs from anxiety. She saw the man. Her father. She picked the telephone as he did to his. "Astrid. My..look at you. You've grown." Victor said. "I'm not here to chitchat. I have questions." Astrid said coldly. The guy nodded. "Why did you leave me?" Astrid asked. "I was five. I still remember you fighting with mom and leaving without thinking twice." "I had to get away from your mom." He said. Astrid scoffed. "First child?" Victor asked. "Second." Astrid said. "She's six." Victor nodded. She stood up. "You know when I got pregnant with my daughter, I made a huge mistake by taking her away from her father, but when he found out, he was there for her and I believe he will always be there for her. I just came here to tell you that I will never and I mean never forgive you for leaving me, Victor." Astrid said and placed the telephone back to its place.
////////
"Hi, Astrid." Her father said. "What do you want, Victor?" Astrid asked. "I wanted to check on you, sweetheart. It's been a while. How are your kids?" He asked. "Stop calling me that and my kids are none of your concern." Astrid answered him, her words full of venom. "I'm still your father, Astrid." Victor said. "You should've acted like one then." Astrid snapped. "Goodbye Victor. Don't try calling me again." She hang the call up. "Mom?" Zephyr called. "You found them?" Astrid said and smiled. "Yep." Zephyr said. The two played until nuffink woke up. "Hiccup." Astrid said. Hiccup hummed. "It's evening." Astrid whispered. "Five more minutes." Hiccup mumbled. "Okay." Astrid whispered and chuckled, knowing he won't actually go back to sleep. "Victor called." Astrid said. Hiccup opened his eyes. "Really?" Hiccup asked. Astrid nodded and ran her fingers over her husband's hair. "What did he want?" He asked. "Don't know. Before he could ask for anything told him  screw you and hang up." Astrid said. "Hope he didn't try contacting Nadia though, she'll start freaking out. She just started her intern year and is stressed enough." Astrid said. Hiccup nodded. "Are you okay?" Hiccup asked, sitting up. "Yeah. I'm fine." Astrid said and smiled genuinely. "I'll go check up on the kids." Astrid said. "You get washed up." Astrid left the room while Hiccup sat up rubbing his face. After he was done, he left the room to see the kids. "Come on, hustle up." Astrid said and threw a ball for Zephyr to catch. "You're too fast mom." Zephyr said and panted, but not failing to catch the ball. "No, I'm not." Astrid denied. "Should I remind you, mom, that you don't have short legs like me?" Zephyr said. Astrid heard footsteps behind her and looked there. "I don't even know how to respond." Astrid said. Hiccup snorted, catching Nuffink's attention making the little boy lighten up like a snoggletog tree. "Dada!" Nuffink said, standing up and taking his first steps so suddenly. All of them froze, while Nuffink kept giggling. "Come on, come to dada." Hiccup said and kneeled down. Nuffink took another couple of steps before falling down, but that didn't stop him. He picked himself up and continued walking to his dad until he was into Hiccup's arm and giggled. "Good job, buddy." Hiccup said and picked him up tossing him on the air, making Nuffink giggle. "Yay, Nuffink you did it." Zephyr said, running to her father and brother. "Good job, baby." Astrid said and took her son into her arms and kissed him all over his face. When she looked at Hiccup, she saw his eyes were literally shining with happiness and smile plastered to his face. That's what they both wanted. Being happy and they got it.