Chapter 11

"You told me she was ready, right?" Hiccup whispered. They were sitting at the couch, watching Zephyr draw. "Yeah, but it probably took her off guard." Astrid whispered back. "She's a sensitive kid, give her some time." "Yeah, yeah. I can do that." Hiccup said. "Um, earth to Astrid." "Or you can try and talk to her." Astrid said. "Go. Like now." She pushed him. "And what are you going to do?" Hiccup whispered. "Oh. I'm going to watch the father-daughter bond from here." Astrid said, getting comfortable in the couch. "Go on. Shoo." Hiccup walked to Zephyr to the table. He watched her drawing and was amused how perfect it was for a five year old kid. "Do you draw?" Zephyr asked, looking up. "More like sketch, but yeah I can draw." Hiccup said. She gave him a white sheet. Hiccup gratefully took it and sat in front of her. He started drawing, glancing at Zephyr every while. After 30 minutes, Hiccup placed his pencil down. "You're done?" Zephyr asked, amused. "Yeah." Hiccup said. "Can I see?" Zephyr asked. He passed her the drawing. "You drew me." Zephyr said. "Yeah, you're in front of me and you're cute while me concentrating." Hiccup said. "Thank you." Zephyr said. "You can keep it if you want to." Hiccup said. Zephyr smiled. "Thanks." She said and frowned. "What is it?" Hiccup asked. "I've trying to draw a cat, but I can't get it right." Zephyr said. "I can help." Hiccup said, changing his seat next to her. "The way you draw is nice, but you're getting it from a wrong angle." Hiccup said. He showed her the way to draw. "Wow, thanks." Zephyr said. "No sweat." Hiccup said. "I have some drawings from when I was at your age and they were awful. But yours are perfect." Hiccup said. Zephyr giggled. "I don't think they were that bad." She said. "I can show you sometime and you can judge it by yourself." Hiccup said. "Hey guys. I'm getting hungry and I think I can do something now. Hiccup, you'll stay, right?" Astrid asked. "Can you stay?" Zephyr asked. "Yeah, sure." Hiccup said and smiled at Zephyr. "We'll clean this up and we'll come help you." Hiccup and Zephyr stood up and packed up the papers and color pencils. Zephyr went and putted them in her room. "You did great!" Astrid said, elbowing him. Hiccup shrugged. Zephyr came running to the kitchen. Hiccup picked her and helped her sit on the counter. "The only thing we can do is mac and cheese." Astrid said. "Okay." Zephyr said. "Astrid, you add the milk first, not the cheese." Hiccup said. "No, you add cheese first." Astrid said. "Mommy, doesn't nana always tells you to add the milk first?" Zephyr asked. "See, add the milk." Hiccup said and high-fived Zephyr. "Oh, don't gang up on me now." Astrid grumbled. "Taste it." Hiccup said and blew at the spoon before feeding Zephyr. "Yum!" Zephyr said. "Zeph, take those plates to the table, please." Astrid said. Hiccup putted her back to the ground and Astrid passed her the plates. Zephyr ran outside of the kitchen. "Careful, Zeph!" Astrid said, loudly. "You're natural, you know." Astrid whispered. "Thanks, I guess." Hiccup said. "Coming thru!" After they ate dinner, Zephyr was ready to bed. "Zephyr, say goodnight to Hiccup and go to bed." Astrid said to Zephyr who was already on her pajamas. "Goodnight dad." Zephyr said. Hiccup's heart stopped beating for a second. He knelt down. "Goodnight Zeph." Hiccup said and hugged her. He kissed her hair softly. Astrid was standing at the background, smiling at them. They broke the hug. "Have sweet dreams." Hiccup said. "Goodnight mom." Zephyr said. "Good night baby." Astrid said. Zephyr went to her room, Astrid followed her to tuck her in. "Told you she'd come around." Astrid said and smiled. "Yeah." Hiccup said, the smile never leaving his face. They sat at the couch. "She definitely took me off guard." Hiccup said. "That's Zephyr. She's like this." Astrid said. Hiccup kissed her. Astrid froze for a second, but kissed back hungrily. She sat on his lap and rocked her hips against his. "Mhm. Hiccup. Oh." Astrid moaned when he kissed her neck. "Zephyr could wake up and could see us here." "Right, where is your room?" Hiccup asked. "To the right." Astrid said. Hiccup stood up with Astrid legs wrapped around his hip. Hiccup got in Astrid's room and closed the door and locked it.