Think Of Me

Oh Boy... I wasn't expecting this!

It was supposed to be Christine! Not me! I looked at Christine, she was shocked. She looks at me and smiles "Christine, you should do it." I whispered, Christine shakes her head

"You should sing it,You can do it, Kaylee." She encouraged me

My heart sped up, and I feel so anxious, I felt like I was going to throw up. Christine rubbed my shoulder to calm me down.

"What, a chorus girl?"

"She's been taking lessons from a great teacher."

Now Andre's attention was on me "Who?"

I inhaled and said "I don't know, Monsieur."

I felt a little better as Madame Giry put a hand on my shoulder "Let her sing for you Monsieur. She has been well taught," said Madame Giry

Andre and Firmin looked at each other before Andre sighed ""All right, come on. Don't be shy." I looked at Christine as she nodded and encouraged me to go. I slowly walked to the center of the stage

"Come on, come along, just..."

"From the beginning of the aria then please mademoiselle." Reyer said, returning to the podium.
I took a deep breath as I heard Firmin whisper to Andre."Andre, this is doing nothing for my nerves."

Andre, who was trying to think positive replied "Well, she's very pretty."

Then, upon cue, I started singing.

"Think of me, think of me fondly, when we've said goodbye. Remember me; once in a while please promise me you'll try."

I nervously looked at Christine, Meg, and Madame Giry. Christine and Meg smiled, Madame Giry gestured me to go on. I felt a feeling of confidence in me, I looked back at the empty audience towards Reyer as he nods for me to continue

"When you find that, once again, you long to take your heart back and be free - if you ever find a moment, spare a thought for me."

I waited for everyone's reaction, I got a little anxious.

What if they didn't like it?

Then I heard clapping behind, I turned around to see the whole cast clapping for me.

"Looks like we have our star!" Andre said

I can't believe it, I'm actually going to sing in Opera Populaire in the Phantom of the opera!

Shortly after, Madame Giry lead me and Christine away from everyone and took me to the Prima Donna dressing room.

When she opened the doors of the Prima Donna dressing room, I stood in awe and shocked.

This was the room where I feel through the mirror!

I sat on the vanity, staring into my reflection. Then I heard someone knock on the doors. Madame Giry walked to the door and opened it.

The seamstress came in, holding a long, beautiful, puffy, white dress. It was the same dress that Christine wore in the movie!

After Madame Giry helped me into the dress, she had to leave to get the dancers ready, Christine came in and helped me with my hair, combing it, curling it, and placed star crystals in my curls. I hummed 'Skyfall' as Christine asked

"What are you humming?"

"Just some sort of silly tune." I replied smiling

After Christine finished my hair she had to leave to join the ballet dancers. I stand up and walked towards the doors and walked out. The opera was going smoothly.  The audience wore fancy yet beautiful attire. It really was a full house.

Now was the cue for 'Think of me', I walked out from the sidelines and sang

"We never said our love was evergreen, or as unchanging as the sea - but if you can still remember stop and think of me . . . Think of all the things we've shared and seen - don't think about the things which might have been . . . Think of me, think of me waking, silent and resigned. Imagine me, trying too hard to put you from my mind. Recall those days, look back on all those times, think of the things we'll never do - there will never be a day, when I won't think of you..."

As the last note rang around the auditorium, the audience clapped, in box five, I heard Raoul sing "Can it be? Can it be Kaylee?"

I see him stand up "Bravo!"

He left box five, I waited for my cue for a little bit.

Then I started singing again

"We never said our love was evergreen or as unchanging as the sea - but please promise me, that sometimes you... will... think..."

I began to vocalizing. Then sang the last note.

"-of me!"

As I sang the last note, the audience stood up and applauded, I smiled and bowed as roses and different flowers were being thrown onto the stage

"Brava! Magnifica! Stupenda!" I heard Andre say

Everything feels like a dream come true!

I just hope this won't turn into a nightmare....