To Don't Look Behind

A few days have passed since we arrived at Raoul's mansion. I'll admit his mansion is pretty big. I often go to the library or go to the garden. Also, the library is huge, might I add.

I walked alongside the ocean gingerly with my feet bare against the wet sand at the beach not too far from the mansion, enjoying the feeling my the water washing up to my feet. It was quite nice to be alone with my own thoughts for a change.

*

Erik looked shocked at first but closes his eyes, melting under my touch, I smiled but soon frowned as I slowly raised my right hand towards his half porcelain mask 'Here we go'

My thumb curved inward and I took off his mask. The next thing I knew I was pushed to the ground and Erik covered the side of his face that I took off the mask

"Damn you! You little prying Pandora! You little demon - is this what you wanted to see,"

Erik marched over the mirror that was covered by canvas and ripped the canvas off, showing his reflection. I held Erik's mask close to my chest as Erik covered his face and looks at me

"Curse you! You little lying Delilah! You little viper - now you cannot ever be free"

I backed up until I felt my back hit the wall as Erik pushed one of candleholders down. Loose tears came down my eyes.

"Damn you ... Curse you ..."

I watched as Erik walked towards the room with the mannequin version of me.

"Stranger than you dreamt it - can you even dare to look or bear to think of me: this loathsome gargoyle, who burns in hell, but secretly yearns for heaven, secretly... secretly..."

He looks at me and noticed that I had his mask close to my chest, he walks to me and kneels

"But, Kaylee... Fear can turn to love - you'll learn to see, to find the man behind the monster: this... repulsive carcass, who seems a beast, but secretly dreams of beauty, secretly... secretly..." The last part he sang was soft.

I didn't flinch nor move as he said "Oh, Kaylee."

I looked at the mask in my hand, crawling towards him, I hold it out for Erik to take. After he takes it, I looked down.

I believed in a what if situation than my instincts.

Erik held his hand out as he said "Come, we must return. Those two fools who run my theatre will be missing you."

*

It hurt my heart that had to take off Erik's mask for the sake of the plot. It was just so stupid of me to just—

Sigh, why does it matter? What's done is done. There's nothing I can do about it.

Emma. I hope she's alright...

*

"I'M GONNA MURDER YOU, EMMA!"

"YOU GOTTA CATCH ME FIRST, SHORT STACK!"

*

"Nighttime sharpens, heightens each sensation. Darkness stirs and wakes imagination. Silently the senses abandon their defenses..."