Part 18: Storm Before The Calm

Today is now they day that can turn the tide of the war forever. The Decepticons are getting their act together, but not before socializing with one another.

Brim: "Today is is the day, I can feel it it my circuits."

Dropkick: "Longarm is going down for good this time."

Blast: "I wanna give them a wedgie."

Thunder: "Defeating the Autobots for good, now that I can get behind."

Skywarp: "While you are off playing I will be piloting my clone via this remote."

Scream: "Because you don't know how to fight."

Skywarp: "It's better than what you call combat. You retreat the moment someone points their weapons at you."

Scream: "I do not retreat Skywarp."

Thunder: "He's right, he just advances backwards!"

Fear: (to Terradive) "It sure feels empty without Soundwave and company here."

Terra: "We'll see them again during the battle."

Fear: "I don't see how that's possible."

Terra: "What do you mean?"

Fear: "You can't view them underwater."

Terra: (frustrated) "This again?"

Fear: "Well you do say sea and other water related stuff all the time."

Terra: (giving up) "You know what? Fine I admit it."

Fear: "The first step to solving your problems is to admit you have them, you've done well."

Megatron and Splicer come in with the disfigured doctor confined to a table."

Megatron: "Is the spacebridge ready Skywarp?"

Skywarp: "Indeed my lord, and the Vehicons are ready for you as well."

Megatron: "Excellent, put Shockwave on the screen."

Skywarp turns on the monitor to contact Shockwave

Shockwave: "Everything is going according to schedule my liege."

Megatron: "You've done a great service to our cause Shockwave, and for that I have a reward for you."

Shockwave: "A reward? Your act of kindness is most generous. May I ask what it is?"

Megatron: "I have one of the species from our adoptive planet held captive, and it's organic. It has taken some damage, but I know you can manage."

Shockwave: "Fascinating, the Vehicons are coming to you know, so let's pretend this is a trade."

Splicer: (waving to the doctor) "Hope you have a safe travel.... but knowing Shockwave that probably won't be the case."

Fearswoop starts constantly using the party blower throughout the entire scene, which annoys Megatron.

Megatron: "Stop that Fearswoop."

Fear: "... (blows)"

Megatron shoots the party blower, which makes Fearswoop sad.

Megatron: "Don't you want to cause more destruction?"

Fear: (violently nodding his head) "I do I do!"

Megatron: "Then try this school I've mapped out for you, enjoy."

The Vehicons walk through the spacebridge as one carts the doctor to Shockwave's side. His screams of protests are blocked out as soon as he crosses the stream. From there you see a batch of 60 Vehicons ready to be deployed for battle. Megatron explains to the Decepticons the full plan.

Megatron: "Decepticons, today we will be walking away with a victory, and not just any victory. This will be the day that Optimus and his weak Autobots will finally fall at our feet by either surrendering... or die trying. We have always been a force of nature, and when we are done with the Autobots we will show humanity what true power is. Now hear what I say. Payload will be carrying the human girl on the road and you Vehicons will be his escort. Brimstone, you and your friends will lead the charge on the road with Splicer. Waspinator, you and Terradive will go as air support. Starscream and Thundercracker will be leading the charge in the air. When Fearswoop returns he will join you along with Skywarp's clone. When the battle has reached a certain point Soundwave and I will swoop in and finish everything. Now go and win this war, or be a disappointment like Starscream."

Thunder: "Think you can keep up Starscream?"

Scream: "Just about to ask you the same question."

Thunder: (boasting) "Ha! Don't make me laugh!"

Brim: "Alright boys do you know what time it is?"

Dropkick: "Payback time!"

Blast: "Blasting time!"

Brim: (sadistically proud) "And disemboweling time."

Wasp: "Waspinator ready to smash some heads."

Terra: "I wonder what Fearswoop is doing."

Fearswoop is at a school when he sees two school buses, one normal and the other short. The kinds inside look at the monster before them in fear. Fearswoop detects the life signatures and does what you would expect. He walks away without causing any damage. Wait... this is wrong, is someone else writing this? Oh wait, never mind he was just joking. He launches his magnesium grenades at both buses, and they shoot up into the sky like a volcano erupting for the very first time. He turns on his flamethrowers to completely engulf the school in flames like a serpent constricting its prey. Fearswoop then walks away from the carnage, yet the camera stays on the buses. Suddenly you hear the sound of running as Fearswoop turns on a bit of his flames at a time to burn what's left of the burnt kid filled buses while also jumping up and down laughing with glee.

The cons are on the road to the city now when Splicer makes a sudden detour.

Splicer: "Uh I got to do something real quick, I'll see guys at the city."

Payload: "Uh ok."

Dropkick: "Where do you think he's going?"

Blast: "Who cares!"

Payload: (to the Vehicons) "I don't need a babysitter you guys can go on ahead."

The Vehicons comply and speed ahead of all the ground cons.

Dropkick: "What a bunch of tools."

Brim: "Want to know what I want to do when I get to the battle?"

Blast: "Shoot em up?"

Brim: "No, when I kill Bumblebee and those useless humans I'm going to (in the most messed up way anyone could say this) I will wear Bumblebee's skin and harvest the humans organs and strangle Wheeljack and Sideswipe with them."

Dropkick: "You are a sick mind Brimstone, and I love you for it."

Meanwhile Splicer heads back to the city that he battled the Autobots and picks up a flower and sniffs it.

"Ah what wonderful beauty. (addressing whomever may be listening) I promise that I will protect this planet from all evil in the world. Life is to short to waste it on such trivial things like Energon O's. I promise on my life, my brother's and for Soundwave's people I will not allow allow us to lose another planet because of the Autobots. For my family and everyone else's I will make sure Optimus doesn't hurt anyone anymore. Huh? What's this? Rhinox Latex? The safest charge I will ever have. Well I do like to charge into things. It says it's the best protection around. I do need protection, and I'm about to take part in some risky business. I can't wait to share this with the others... or I could keep it to myself and make all my friends jealous. I think I'll do that, let's go!"

Around the same time that the Decepticons are mobilizing, the Autobots are preparing to gear up as well. Optimus explains the plan to everyone that surprises a few.

Prime: "Today we are going into what may be our final battle. The cost of freedom has never been higher, and it is our job to defend our universe and this planet from Megatron. Prowl, you will be leading the charge into battle."

Prowl: (excited) "Really?"

Longarm: "Oh boy."

Bee: "So what else is there?"

Prime: "This."

Optimus reveals a trailer that he will attach to his vehicle mode.

Side: "What is that for?"

Prime: "I will be carrying the prisoner with me in this."

Cliff: "Sounds like a plan, let's go."

Spike: "I'm going with you guys."

All: "What?"

Ron: "You can't be serious."

Bee: "It's too dangerous!"

Tyrone: "What kind of kid are you raising Ron?"

Ron: "Watch it creampuff."

Spike: "Listen to me, I brought Carly into this, and I have to be there to bring her back."

Prime: "An admiral act Spike, but I can't have your death on my conscience."

Spike: "This is war Optimus, people die, and you said it yourself. Have Wheeljack arm me up like the rest of the soldiers."

Prime: -sigh- "Very well, but be careful."

Chip: "I'm going too."

Spike: "Why Chip?"

Chip: "You're my best friend, and we stick together until the end. Besides I want to blow up stuff too."

Ron: "Spike, I wanted to tell you that I'm proud of you. You've been the best son your mother and I ever had. Be careful."

Spike: "I promise I will dad."

The two hug and Wheeljack gives Spike and Chip those handguns and a few special grenades.

Wheel: "Go crazy."

Chip: "I'm riding with you."

Wheel: "Very well."

Tyrone: "Let's gear up Jazz."

Jazz: "Thought you'd never say that."

Spike: "Ready Bumblebee?"

Bee: "Sure am!"

Weazel: "Well while you are all killing each other I'm going to be staying here piloting the drones while Ace gets up in his plane."

Ironhide puts Ravage inside the trailer while Ratchet pulls Optimus aside for a private conversation.

"Why would you ever want to sacrifice yourself for these humans?"

"We brought our war to their planet, and they don't deserve to be the victims of it."

"You can't be serious, what about us?"

"We had our chance, and we ruined it with war, but they deserve to live because of our sacrifice."

"Don't do this."

"I must, we all must."

Spike walks over to Beachcomber, who is carrying a guitar.

"What are you doing Beachcomber?"

"Playing man, I do this right before a big battle."

"I see."

"One time my guitar turned out to be Laserbeak, it was totally freaky man."

Prime: "Alright Autobots, let's go."

The Autobots head to the road with Prowl leading the charge. The younger Autobots are close behind while the older members are in the back. Optimus is in the very back with his trailer going slowly to make sure Ravage doesn't try anything funny.

Soundwave at the moment is hacking a satellite to find information on the remaining locations when he stumbles upon something that shocks him. He collects all the information and starts to head to Megatron's direction, but he detects Ravage inside Prime's trailer and decides to fly off there instead. It isn't long before he shows up and shoots the area near the trailer. Ironhide and Prowl transform for combat, but Optimus tells them to save Carly so he can take on Soundwave. The rest retreat while Soundwave shoots Optimus's trailer. Ravage is getting banged around inside the trailer, but his plan actually worked. The incisions made by the Micron are enough for the bouncing around to break the cage. Ravage shoots the door to the trailer open and jumps out. Optimus sees this and transforms to combat him. Unbeknownst to Optimus, Soundwave ejected Laserbeak, who proceeds to fire at Optimus from behind while Ravage shoots from the front. Optimus manages to shoot Soundwave in the wing and causes him to crash into the ground. Laserbeak and Ravage continue to pelt him with their weapons until Prime is forced to retreat. The two go over to their owner to bring him back online and begin to chat with one another. Even though they speak in animal sounds the narrator knows their language and will translate for you.

-caw- (I see you are in one piece Ravage.)

-roar- (Indeed, that cell made me claustrophobic.)

-caw- (They weren't too bad where they?)

-roar- (One of the humans called me a fat cow, and now I'm really insecure about my weight.)

-caw- (Love yourself for who you are no matter what)

-roar- (I left a nasty surprise for them at their base. What about Soundwave?)

-caw- (His voice is 98% healed, so let's wake him up shall we?)

The Autobots arrive at the city with no sign of the Decepticons. Tyrone begins to get nervous.

Tyrone: "I can't do this anymore man."

Jazz: "What are you saying?"

Tyrone: "I shouldn't be here man!"

Beach: "What a cop out."

Tyrone: "Why couldn't I have just sat on my ass like my older brothers? This isn't what I signed up for."

Jazz: "Are you for real right now?"

Tyrone: "I just had to make something of myself, I could be hanging out at the house just chilling and now I'm fighting some evil alien psychos."

Prowl: "Pull yourself together man, this is war time."

At this moment they hear the roar of a jet engine coming, and it's Thundercracker and Starscream, and the begin to bomb the streets where they are located, but everyone except for a few unlucky soldiers manage to get free from the blasts. Strangely enough the two seekers go in the opposite direction of the Autobots.

Longarm: "It isn't like Thundercracker to retreat."

Cliff: "But it is like Starscream to leave."

Longarm: "Do you hear that sound?"

The sound of many engines driving their way begins to ring in their ears.

Prowl: "I know what they are.... Vehicons."