Chapter 6 - Drunk Memories

"We're going for drinks and then take you for a ride, and we'll just have to see if your ability will awaken after this much wine." 

"Your plan is toying with me and my health?" He asks me as he rampages through the clothes I made Kunikida buy him. 

"More or less, yes" I quickly pick an outfit for the night that consists of a plain pair of beige pants, a striped dress shirt, and my well-known, black ribbon with the green amulet attached to it. 

"you're trying to intoxicate me aren't you?" He throws the hoodie at me after taking it off. 

"Maybe," I tell him with the innocent voice I knew he hates as I push him aside to stand in front of the mirror, adjusting my tie. 

"I will literally kill you and then kill myself," he grumbles as he gets himself dressed. 

"Why die with me?" 

"So I can ruin your chances of double suicide with a beautiful woman." He shoves me aside, stealing my spot in front of the mirror to adjust his choker. 

"You're not ugly yourself."

"HUH" He looks at me furiously "What's that mean?!" 

"Don't get so full of yourself." I smile at him while patting his head. "You should tighten your choker a bit more." 

"I'm not choking myself," he says in an angry tone as he slaps my hand off him. "Stop touching me." I look at him with an offended expression. He was now wearing a pair of black pants that reached his calves and a plain black sweatshirt. A comfortable outfit for the night ahead of us. 

"Put this on." I hand him a silver belt to go with his outfit.

"I don't need fashion guidance from a suicide maniac," he murmurs as he proceeds to put the belt on. 

______________________________________________

Why do I keep doing this to myself? 

"Chuuya we have to leave." I tried to take the glass from him with no luck. 

"No, Dazai this wine is immaculate." 

"Don't come with new words to add to your vocabulary when you're drunk, give me the wine glass."

"No." He drank the rest of the wine in one shot. 

"Chuuya!" Oh gosh, this was stupid. 

"I want another one." He got up and walked towards the bartender all giggly

"You've been saying that for the past three rounds of wine." I walked after him, managing to catch him and put the empty glass on the bar along with some cash. 

"Noooo, Dazaaaaiiii" 

"No, Chuuya, I will knock you out." I dragged him out of the bar the way he had been dragged out multiple times by the security guards. I giggled at the thought, especially at the time he spotted me in a bar with the detectives and he started a ruckus about me being a snake for leaving the Port Mafia. His expression as the security guard dragged him out as he continued shouting threats was priceless. 

"What you laughing at mummy?!" 

"What?" I burst out laughing. 

"Mummy." 

"Don't bully my bandages." I was now laughing harder than ever, giving me a hard time keeping hold of Chuuya and miraculously managed to get him out of the bar. "Now sit down." I helped him to a nearby bench. 

"Give me more wine you old snake"

"Okay, I'll bring you some, sit here and wait for me." 

"Okay." He lit up as I left him for the nearest vending machine. Grape juice should be enough to shut him up. He's too drunk to even notice. BOOM. I dropped the can of juice as I dashed towards the bench I had left Chuuya. The sight of him throwing his gravity-bombs across the street shocked me more than I had wished. I thought my plan was working, why can't I figure it out?! 

"Chuuya!" I ran up to him and forcefully pushed him down to the ground, letting no longer human flow into him. I looked at him, laying under me with me sitting on top of him until his eyes returned to normal, and his marks vanished from his cheeks. 

"Let go." He tried to yank his hand back but I only squeezed it harder. "What?" He sounded annoyed by the fact that I was still keeping him still. "Dazai?" The change in his tone made me snap out of my deep thoughts. His gaze examining me as if to make sure that every part of me was still intact. 

"You didn't hurt me." I released his hand and stood up, extending my arm for him to grab. 

"Why the pained expression then?" He grabbed into me as I pulled him up.

"I don't know what your case is, I'm afraid that my theory is falling apart." I pulled him closer to me, embracing him. He let his head rest against my chest, stroking my back gently, almost comforting me. "I don't like this riddle." 

"You always solved things, this might just take a little more time," he comforted me. 

"I don't have time." He put his arms around me, hugging me. The familiar embrace stung inside of me. Oh, how I missed him. I not only missed his hug but also missed our night strolls across the beach, our late-night snacks in my bedroom long after the rest of the mafia members had gone to sleep. I missed the times we had climbed out of the window, sitting on the rooftop, talking to the stars about what might've been different. Heck, I also missed our tantrums that drove Mori-san crazy, all the time he had grounded us as kids because we thought going to the arcades might've been a better thing than delivering the money to its rightful owner. I breathed in the familiar scent of the city as the memories flashed through my mind. I closed my eyes. Only Chuuya's regular breathing and the sound of distant cars could be heard in this dark alley. "Please hold on a little longer, Chuuya. I will fix you," I whispered into the dark night.