Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I woke feeling warm and comfortable with my arms wrapped around another body. My head felt fuzzy for a minute and I was unable to understand who was in my bed. The body shifted under me and I felt a warm breath whisper “Morning.”

I smiled, Lexi. Then I had the crashing realisation as to why she had stayed over in my bed. The events of the previous morning hit me and I felt an overwhelming sadness wash over me. I refused to let any tears show. Peter was an amazing person, he had touched our lives on the ward and I was sure countless others, but he was gone and not coming back. I had mourned yesterday and today I would start looking forward. I closed my eyes and snuggled closer to Lexi I felt a bubble of happiness rise within me knowing she had come to comfort me last night.

“I L…” I clamped my mouth shut and pushed myself up into a sitting position facing the end of the bed. Panic replaced the happiness as I realised what I was about to say. Shit. I flashed a glance at Lexi who was stretching in the bed completely unaware of my inner turmoil. My gaze was riveted to her I just couldn’t help it. The tousled blond bed hair was even attractive on her, her toned arms reaching up above her head lifted her perfect breasts to my attention. I licked my lips feeling a need of fire burn between my legs. Double shit.  I didn’t know how much longer I would last, I had to get out of here and away from Lexi to figure out my feelings for her. I had to talk it out with someone who wouldn’t judge. There was no way in hell I could tell Ty and Loz I prided myself in my stubbornness and admitting to them that I had suddenly realised I had stronger feelings then friendship for Lexi would kill me.

“You alright Jenn?” Lexi sat up beside me, the covers slipping off exposing more or her tanned skin and making me want to scream.

“I…Uh… Yeah…” I shut my eyes inwardly berating myself for sounding like a twat and trying to come up with a good idea before I blurted out that I thought I was in love with her and completely destroyed our relationship. I opened my eyes and saw her own blue ones narrowed in concern. “I just remembered I promised my Mum day before yesterday I would go see her for a few days as I haven’t been for so long.”

“Oh. Ok. That sounds good. I mean it will be good for you to get away for a bit.” I saw disappointment flash across her face as she spoke. I swallowed back the spark of excitement I felt. “I mean I’m going to be busy for the next, uh, the next few days with… work stuff.” I bit my lip, I heard the dejected sound to her voice and saw the crestfallen look that now adorned her face. That was a good thing right? I questioned myself, me being away for a few days made her sad, therefore logically she had to have some stronger feelings for me as well. Lexi didn’t let me dwell on it much as she then gave me a wicked grin before swinging her leg over me and pushing me flat to the bed. “I guess if you’re leaving today I better give you a good reason to come back soon.” She seemed to purr into my ear. I felt her lips then wrap around my ear lobe sucking slightly before she nipped me with her teeth, I couldn’t help but let out a pent up moan of desire. She expertly made a trail of kisses from my ear to my neck and then further down, I felt her breath graze my nipple and I knew I was lost to her. My fingers wound their way into her hair and I felt a heat between my legs. Her warm tongue played with the taut peak of my nipple as her fingers softly grazed their way down my side to my thigh. She flattened her hand and rubbed in slow sensual circles with her thumb slowly getting higher up my thigh. The attention of her mouth left my breasts and fastened itself around my own lips, kissing me fiercely. I groaned as she suddenly slipped inside me, making me feel complete.  Triple shit.

***

After our early morning workout session, I forced myself to make my excuses and packed a bag with clothes for a week, before leaving a note to Ty and Loz and fleeing to my Mum’s. She would be at work until three but I had a house key and my step-dad Russell might be around. After blurting out my excuse I knew that it would be the best course of action for me as my Mum has always been the voice of reason in my life. Every time I was worried or confused I would talk to her about it and she always managed to steer me in the right direction, provide comfort and make me feel less like I was doomed to the insanity of my life. The hour and a half drive back into the countryside had a calming effect on me, the stress the last few weeks seeming to melt away with the miles. By the time I arrived a light sprinkling of rain was drifting down in a haze. I pulled up into the driveway and frowned slightly as I saw my mother’s car in its place. I checked the time again and wondered why she would be home so early on a Friday when she should be at school. I jumped out a wrapped my arms around myself to protect from the mid-November cold. I glance around the other four houses in the street and hurried over Russell’s neat lawn.